About Me

My Photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP Wednesday # 95 - Distractions



Happy Wednesday everyone.

I've been pretty happy with the way I have managed to keep knitting despite have a new baby in the house since January. But now there is something in my life that is really interfering with my knit time...

My spinning!

I'm already addicted. How did this happen??

I finished the rest of the green batt I started last week and this little beauty is my reward.

image

image

I'm really excited about how much my consistency is improving.

This is the last of my spinning you will see on Wednesdays because I've decided to start a new series of post I'm calling Sunday Spins. So, I will show my first finished gloriously wonky skeins on Sunday.

I am getting some knitting done. This is a teacher gift I'm knitting up for Monkey's teachers. I need to have two of these finished by next Friday.

image

The pattern is Glam Cowl by Jacqui Harding. It was suggested to me as a great teacher gift by Steph from the Must Stash video podcast. If you haven't seen Steph and her partner Stacie in action yet, I highly recommend you check them out!

I thought I would have an FO for you last week but I hit a major bump in the road with my Spring Fling. I hope to have it ready to show you and a story to tell (with a happy ending - fingers crossed) on Friday.

Until then, I hope you will get the chance to check out all the summer projects going on through Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki

12 comments:

  1. that cowl is super pretty, gorgeous lace and the colours are amazing. nice spinning too!! Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cowl is gorgeous! I love the lace! And spinning...that is something I have always wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cowl is lovely, already printed off the pattern, have some perfect yarn just crying out to be knit. Hope you get them both done on time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spinning. I just can't get into it. I try to spin too fast! The cowl will be so dreamy to wear. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cowl, beautifully knit. So light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope there's a happy ending :) My fingers are firmly crossed for you. After all the end of the school year is coming FAST! Love the glam cowl! I only wish I were loving my spinning. I'm starting to think I should sell my drop spindle. It hasn't got any love in the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo another person bitten by the spinning bug. I love your handspun, so pretty!

    Your cowl looks so pretty and delicate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how the spinning is looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colors! A treat for a purple lover like me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so lovely and fine, like a perfect spiderweb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome color!! The owl is going to be gorgeous.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-92/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful fiber and spinning! I am looking forward to your Sunday Spins posts. The cowls will be perfect teacher gifts. Love how light and delicate it looks.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.