About Me

My Photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WIP Wednesday #96 - Deadline Doom


Happy Wednesday everyone!

I've had to put down my lovely roving this week to finish ip some knitting. Friday is Monkey's last day of Junior Kindergarten and I am almost finished the second Glam Cowl for his teachers.

It's funny, this is the exact same yarn as the first one but somehow if feels just a little less soft. It still lovely though and I think they are going to be nice gifts.

image

I'm down to the wire to make something for this month's AlphaKAL with my LYS, The Loop. I haven't missed a month yet so I'd hat to miss one now. We are up to M so I'm going to try to make a Daphne and Delilah the Momma and Baby Monster in the next ten days. The plan will be to give it to Doodlebug for her third (what?!) birthday in July. The pinky yarn in the combo I've chosen is the leftovers from the first cardigan I ever made her.

image

That's all I've got today because I finally finished my summer top and I will finally be able to show it to you on Friday. Yippee!!

Hope to see you then.

Cheers, Nikki


11 comments:

  1. that cowl is gorgeous! thanks for linking the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cowl! It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl is beautiful! What a lovely gift:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely gift for the teachers. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glam cowl! It's nice of you to give her teachers gifts. Maybe the yarn doesn't feel as soft since this is your second one and its been on your hands for a while now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cowl, I'm too selfish to knit for teachers :-o

    Your monsters sound like they're going to be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the Glam Cowl in my queue and the perfect kid seta yarn in my stash (yay for stash busting!) and can't wait to start it. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The monsters will be adored I am sure. The cowls will be well loved. Fingers crossed you hit your marks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that cowl looks so gossamer. It will surely be so warm yet light as air... how nice of you to knit for your son's teachers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...nice teacher gifts! My daughter's a teacher and not sure she's ever gotten anything that nice! It's gorgeous! You are quite the knitter! Me? I'm getting there slowly but surely. Love the yarn colors for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cowl is looking beautiful! I love the Daphne and Delilah monsters. Will be the perfect three year old gift, especially knitted with that sentimental yarn.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.