About Me

My Photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Spins #2 - Getting Ready

Happy Sunday everyone!

Much of my city is still under water but the sun is out and there is a general feeling of optimism. It's going to take a lot of effort but we will get through this. If there is one positive to it all, it is that we are all much closer as a community. It is a very special feeling.

Anyways, that isn't what I'm here to talk about today...

I am getting ready for the Tour de Fleece. I am trying to spin a little every day. I am starting to set my goals for the Tour. I have joined the Rookie team and Team Must Stash Podcast. I may also have made a little fibre purchase... I had to. You can't exactly participate in a Tour de Fleece without a little fleece of your own!

WARNING: Enabling Ahead!

There are many vendors who are offering discounts in the work up to the tour. I went through them all and decided to make a purchase from Tails & Snouts.



First up, I plan to spin this variegated purple Polwarth. I'm currently spinning BFL and I've heard Polwarth is another good beginner fibre.


Next, I plan to try my hand at this lovely tonal Tangerine Superwash Merino.


Hopefully by then I will be up for a challenge with this gradient dyed merino tussah silk blend in the gorgeous Tulip Farm colourway.


I am under no illusions that I will actually spin it all for Tour de Fleece (I'm sure 4 oz is a more appropriate goal - but I think I'm going to try for 6).

Today I am headed to Olds Alberta to their annual fibre festival so the plans mays be... fluid. I'll let you know next week.

Have a wonderful Sunday. I hope you are all warm safe and dry.

Cheers, Nikki



3 comments:

  1. Wow, I just read your Friday post and am so relieved to hear that you and your family are okay! My heart goes out to those who have had to evacuate or have been displaced. Flooding is always a fear here on the island. I hope that the recovery goes smoothly.
    On a happier note, I love the beginnings of your fiber stash! All gorgeous colors. Can't wait to follow your Tour de Fleece adventures. Maybe next year I will be able to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that is some serious enabling! I am thinking of joining the Must Stash team too - I love those ladies so much! Thanks for linking up today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is some gorgeous fiber, and I am now going to be spending some time in this shop.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.