About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WIP Wednesday #93 -



Happy Wednesday everyone!

I don't have an awful lot to show you because I finished my Fishtail scarf! YAY!! and because I ripped back my Aerie scarf to where I made the extra stitch (come on, you knew I would) and have knit back to the exact same spot. Yay?

I have been working on my Creme Brulee top and am just about to split for the sleeves. I really like the way it looks but I'm a little unsure how long to knit the body for. I didn't knit a gauge swatch... Wait, wait! I had a good reason. I'm quite sure this cotton yarn will grow and I seriously doubt a small guage swatch would accurately reflect the way the full garment will behave. According to the pattern, I am to knit the body for 14.5 inches. I have stopped at about 13. Let's just hope I don't end up with a crop top. Nobody needs to see that.

image

Before I go, I cold use some opinions about one of my next projects. My LYS is up to the letter M in our "alphaKAL" and I am planning to do "M is for Madelinetosh". I am considering diving into beaded knitting and making a Faberge shawl (a pattern a scored for free a little while ago).

I have this purple yarn (colourway flashdance) with some great coordinating beads but need a second colour to go with it.

image

What do you think about green for the second colour? Too much? It is a lot of colour but I'm kind of drawn to it. My first thought was to use a light gray but I just couldn't find anything that was quite right.
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I hope you enjoy a wonderful Wednesday and get the chance to swing by Tami's Amis to check out (a ton of) other WIP's.

Cheers, Nikki

13 comments:

  1. STOP showing me awesome patterns! GRR I don't have time for this!

    I LOVE green and purple together. Huge upvote from me. Plus, EVERYONE uses grey - be different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those colours will give a very strong colour contrast, but the colour strengths are very similar. If you want a more visible contrast you need a dark and a light shade. However, I do like those colours together and it will give a very different look to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I love putting rich colors together. Beautiful yarn selection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this two colour together, contrasting colour usually always make a project more stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them together, but I always use green and purple together. I do agree with Stitched, a lighter shade would give more contrast, maybe a celery or chartreuse green?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the two colors together. A more aqua blue or teal would look really nice too. But I'm partial to purple and blue together :) The top is looking really good, I love that pattern, perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like those colors together. I think it will be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the green and purple together. After all, it's not like it's stripes- where the colours would vibrate against each other. I say go for it!

    Is "T" for "Tosh" as well? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the two colours together although I'd probably go for a lighter shade or something like a pale purple or grey like you suggest. Lovely pattern though and your top is knitting up beautifully. Fingers crossed it grows enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your top looks wonderful!
    I love the colors you've picked for your shawl:) They look beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the green & purple combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The top is looking wonderful! Good idea to stop a little shy of the suggested length when using cotton yarn. I learned that the hard way.
    The purple and green is a pretty combo. Although purple and light grey would be lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What pretty yarn! Those colors look great together. And your cotton top is looking great too!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.