About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, May 31, 2013

FO Friday # 76 - Here Fishy Fishy




Happy Friday everyone!

I have had a very long week. Unfortunately I don't think the weekend is going to bring me much relief. My sweet and precious Bean has figured out how to get out of his swaddle and in the process has gone from sleeping 8-10 hours through the night, to sleeping 2-4 hours at a time . Sigh. I knew it was all too good to be true.

Thankfully, I have a fun knit to show you that will definitely brighten the day.

Ready?

Tah Da!!!!


IMG_3112

Pattern: Fishtail Scarf 475 by Lucy Neatby.

I thought this pattern would be the death of me. I went backwards and forwards so many times, I probably knit this twice. The pattern is very well written and surprisingly simple to execute. All the problems were my own. (My knitting would definitely improve it I could learn how to count - and perhaps count more often.) I would suggest doing a practice swatch of the scallops because you need to find a tension that works for you and you don't want your tension to change over the course of the knit. I think that my first row of scallops is a little looser than the rest. Also, weighing your yarn is key so that you will know that you have enough yarn left at the mid point.

image
Colourway: The Loop
Amount Used: almost every bit of one skein.

This the coolest part of this knit IMHO. The colourway was custom made for my LYS The Loop. It is the exact colour of the walls in the shop. This yarn is amazing. It stood up brilliantly to multiple froggings and reknittings. I think I have just enough left for a hexipuff.

Modifications:
I reduced the pattern by 8 rows (two sets of scallops) to be able to finish is with one skien.

IMG_3109

I am super happy with this FO. I think it is a fun, unique shape that suits the colourway perfectly. I;m going to give it to my aunt for Christmas. I hope she loves it as much as I do!

If there is rain in your weekend forecast, like there is in mine, I hope you will use your indoor time to check out some more fabulous FO's though Tami's blog. But if it's going to be sunny and warm where you are, get outside and make the most of it! Enjoy.

Cheers, Nikki


11 comments:

  1. Very fun. I love the colour, it's so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I LOVE that pattern. Just might have to look into making this, though I'm very bad at (remembering to) counting........

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a bright and cheerful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarf, very original design and beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awesome. I think I want to cast one on right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this! the colour goes perfectly with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fantastic! And before you go beating yourself up about having to do some frogging, I'd like to remind you that you have 3(!) small and adorable children, one of whom is a tiny bean. The fact that you can knit at all boggles me. I want to be you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous and I love the color! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I love, love, love the color. It fits the playfulness of the scarf perfectly. I like the way that you styled it with the white shirt, too.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.