About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WIP Wednesday #89 - Turning over a New Leaf

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I hope everyone is having a good week. Mine has been... a little trying to be honest. It's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week, organized by Eskimimi Makes. I participated in both of the last two years but couldn't get it together enough to join this year. I'm a little disappointed.

It turns out that being a stay-at-home mum to three small children doesn't leave you with a lot time for yourself. Who knew?

This week, I'm also trying to toilet train Doodlebug. Hahahahahahaha. Yeah.

So, not much blog time. But, a few days ago, my husband suggested that I start taking a couple hours each weekend to do something just for me (I think he may have noticed that my head was about to explode from a little too much "quality" time with my darling children.)

I've been thinking that Spring is a good time for new beginnings (even Spring's that are taking their sweet time showing up). On Saturday, I started a free course through Craftsy. It's something I've been thinking about doing for ages. It's a sewing class! But really it's still knitting related because I'm making a project bag! My sewing skills are definitely rusty but if this works, all my knitting friends can expect one for Christmas... maybe.



I've also managed to finish my TGV shawl, so I hope you will swing by on Friday to see that. In the meantime, between Tami's WIP Wednesday and blog week, there is a ton of awesome knitting and crochet blogging to check out today!

Cheers, Nikki

5 comments:

  1. I only had two kids, I can't imagine a third one in the mix! Love the fabric you are using. What a wonderful Husband to recognize you need "me" time. Enjoy it when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky..toilet training came fast and easy..once I started at the right time..I remember trying it a bit too young..that didn't go well..(I read some foolish book about toilet trying any age blah..blah..blah..)Sewing..*sigh* I really want to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project bags are a great project to refresh your sewing skills! This already looks lovely! Your friends will be lucky to get one like it come Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give your husband two thumbs up from me! Mine usually waits until I have a mini meltdown over him eating the last carton of ice cream before he recognizes that a little me-time is called for :) The Craftsy class looks like fun. Love the start of the project bags. I just bought a couple of Craftsy classes, also (top-down Icelandic sweater and the spindle spinning class).
    Good luck with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your husband is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.