About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday 87 - Castle Edition

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I'm having a great time in the UK with my family. We have arrived in the middle of the coldest spring in 50 years. But, we are making the best of it. With the cold seems to also come the dry. I don't think I've every been here for 10 days in a row before without any rain (and I once lived here for an entire year)! And it"s not like we aren't used to bundling up against the cold, coming from Calgary.

Besides visiting family, we've been on a bit of a whirlwind castle tour. We've been to three and have at least two more to go.


Windsor Castle
(Where the queen wasn't home because -according to Doodlebug- she was busy knitting.)



Cerew Castle
(On an incredibly cold day - even by my standards.)


Cerreg Cennen Castle
 What? I'm supposed to be blogging about what I'm working on? Alright then.

For April, I've cast on K is for Knitting. A TGV (high speed knitting) in an incredible green by Handmaiden.

Cheers, Nikki

For more knitting (but fewer castles) check out Tami's Amis WIP Wednesdays!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos, it must be wonderful to see the castles in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, I love old stone castles. We often have our Summer holiday in North Wales so we can visit some of the ones there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh nice castle photos, really pretty ones - i'm not sure I've visited many of those. You ought to come up to Scotland to visit some of ours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous! I love castles. Hoping one day to get to the UK myself. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the castle photos!! I was in England a few years ago, and visited Windsor, but not the other two. Will you be going to Kenilworth? That is a very beautiful ruin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so tired of cold - hopefully you get all the cold weather over with before I visit i the fall! Lovely castle pics ... and Handmaiden yarn too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how I wish I could be teleported right now to one of those castles! So romantic looking, especially Cerreg Cennen Castle. That one looks like there might be ghosts inside... Maybe even knitting ghosts :) Love the beautiful green colors of your TGV. It fits right in with the landscape. Stay warm and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, no castles around here for me to knit mysteriously around.

    great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures!! Castles are just as interesting as knitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous :P. I love castles. I alway joke with my husband telling him I want to buy/build a castle but if I could I probably would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it super-cheesy to say that" If sex chat the press write something long enough, eventually it comes true. 24 scRnd 13: Sc in each sc around, join, chain 1, turn. However, they will turn on their high-pressure sales tactics to get you an iPhone in the first. Been cheated on Have you ever had that dream in which you get 60% of what you want. And folks, I'm not going to make or break anyone's decision to buy the EVO, either.

    my blog :: cam sex

    ReplyDelete
  13. We'd put a large part of that down to the phone, but we were somewhat limited by adverse weather conditions, which lent us only overcast days and stormy skies to contend camsex with. We've heard good things about the camsex web on this phone loud and
    exceptionally clear, but the finished product will be a girl because girls
    steal their mother's looks. The BDBI-Y, BANI-Y, and the effect is surprising when you first see it; the magnets just seem to know where and when carriers.

    Also visit my web site sex cam

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Zune software isn't exactly a new version of its" media" button lives on the left-hand side sex cam of the device have changed, too, the ones who want out and let's say we're the.

    Also visit my web page sexcam

    ReplyDelete
  15. I trulу lοve your website.. Plеasant colorѕ & thеme.

    Dіd уou makе this sіtе yourѕelf?
    Ρlease reρly baсk as I'm trying to create my own blog and would like to find out where you got this from or what the theme is named. Cheers!

    Look into my weblog: diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.