About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, April 19, 2013

FO Friday #72 - Bring on Three


Happy Friday everyone!

 We have settled back in our regular routine. We had such a lovely trip. I am looking forward to Spring's appearance now that we are home... anytime now... seriously, tomorrow wouldn't be too soon.

This coming milder weather (soon!) should be the perfect time for Doodlebug to wear her new jacket.

It is knit from an aran weight tweed that is gray with fun multicoloured specks. It is also, sadly, discontinued.

I really enjoyed knitting this very clever pattern and as super happy with how it's turned out. You start with the cable yoke and then pick up stitches to knit down to the body and up to the hood. So smart!

I finished it off with toggle buttons I bought at John Lewis in Wales. I love that they will always remind me of our amazing family vacation.

I had to knit with 4.0mm needles to get gauge and a fabric I was happy with. That is pretty small needles for aran weight yarn and it made the cable yoke very stiff and difficult to work. If I could do it again, I would go one needle size up for the yoke. My only modification was to make the hood a couple centimetres smaller than the pattern suggests because previous knitters on ravelry said it came out too big. I am happy with how how it looks.

Overall, this was a pretty awesome knit.




(I admit, not the world's most inspiring pattern name)

Colourway 142

At the risk of jinxing myself, I think Doodlebug is finally might be starting to come out of the terrible twos... Maybe. She was actually willing to do a bit of a photo shoot in her new sweater... as long as she could wear her new boots. She calls them her "matching" boots because I have a pair just like them. Only bigger. Doodlebug is most concerned that my current knitting project is actually for me ; )













She's cute but I am done with two. Bring on three! (And yes, I know her birthday isn't until July. A girl can dream, can't she?) Next, we get to start potty training. Woo hoo.

Cheers, Nikki

Linking up with Tami's FO Friday, of course!



14 comments:

  1. Well, that is just adorable. She looks so sweet and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that jacket! The details around the shoulder are perfect and your model is completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Great jacket!
    Love the boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the jacket is gorgeous! Look at how cute it looks on too:) A total win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jacket looks fab! I hope for your sake she is coming out of the terrible twos...we're in the awful eights at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is the cutest! And the sweater is adorable. For us it was threes, not the twos. Now, with the little one I watch, he isn't even 2 yet and he is always throwing fits! Hope it's over soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! The jacket n the model :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing jacket! And she looks very happy with it.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminado-darth-vader/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cutie!! And her new jacket is lovely too!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very cute jacket, and the little model looks happy to wear it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful jacket and model! Cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think those are the best pictures of Doodlebug modeling her knits that I have seen so far. Either you have gotten really good at live action photography or she is indeed outgrowing the two's. You can tell that she really loves her jacket and boots. And what a classic, pretty knitted jacket!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.