About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday #85 - Being Careful



Happy Wednesday everyone

I've spent almost all of this weeks's knitting time working on Doodlebug's jacket. I am really hoping she will be able to wear it on our trip to the UK later this month.

Did I mention that all five of us are headed to Wales? Before you ask... yes, I think we are crazy. Between planning the trip and Monkey's birthday last weekend, there has not been all that much time for leisure activities.


Anyways, I'm happy with how the jacket is shaping up and I love the tweedy texture of the yarn. Although, it has very little give and I'm finding it a bit tough on my wrists. I've been wondering if I might have a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome that can be quite common after having a baby. I've decide to take the very wise and mature approach of ignoring it and hoping it goes away. I am being careful to rest if my wrists start to ache.


I'm well into the body now and am very happy to have the cable finished. I'm also pretty satisfied with how the join looks where the stitches were picked up along the cable edge (thank goodness because I hate picking up stitches!).

If you get the chance, pop back on Friday as I have a cute and quick scarf to show off you.

Cheers, Nikki





14 comments:

  1. very wise and mature indeed! LOL

    really love this and looking forward to seeing it finished! Hurry up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking jacket. I hope the weather sorts itself out for you when you come to the UK. It's been a bit weird, snowing one day and warm and sunny the next. You never know what temperature it's going to be when you get up in the morning!

    Where in Wales are you going to? I love that part of the world, as it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the cables look fantastic! It will be a pretty jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the cables look fantastic! It will be a pretty jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is coming along beautifully! I love the cables :-) That is something I haven't tried before...as for the carpal tunnel, I have it too - too much computer use I believe. I got a couple wrist stabilizers at the drug store, and that helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jacket is beautiful! I love the cabled yoke and the yarn. Do rest your wrists when you need to. I overdid on my shoulder and couldn't knit for a week. I thought I was going to gnaw my own arm off out of boredom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is beautiful. I too love the cables. I love the yarn you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I love it. It will jsut be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh that is going to be a gorgeous jacket, I really love the yarn you've chosen too!! Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a glorious cable! Hope your wrist feels better soon. Might have been an idea to give the wool a soak before knitting to see if it softens up a bit. I had some really ropey sock yarn once, that I reskeined and washed - made all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cables on the jacket. Doodlebug is going to be a show stopper wearing this. A trip to Wales sounds so exciting! How depressing that your littles are more well-traveled than I am :) I hope that the wrist feels better. Make sure to take frequent breaks and do stretching exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! The cable is awesome, and the tweed is lovely. I hope your wrists feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful jacket. I hope your wrists feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ADORE that cable!!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.