About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday #84 - Both New and Old


Happy Wednesday everyone!

This week I have finally started an ambitious project that I have been planning for months years.

I bought nine skeins of Queensland Kathmandu Aran yarn on clearance ages ago with the aim of making a Top Down Baby and Children Cable Yoke Jacket for Doodlebug. Last week, I realized that if I didn't make it soon I wouldn't have enough yarn to make her size. When I noticed that this project has a J-word in its name, I was sold. March is for J in my ongoing LYS alpha-kal.

Hopefully the cable yoke is the hardest part because it feels like it is taking forever!


What are your March knitting plans? If you're not sure, there is always plenty of inspiration to be found on WIP Wednesday's at Tami's Amis!

DFTBA, Nikki

PS: this week's breastfeeding Internet time has been spent watching many many videos by the VlogBrothers. I'm hooked!

11 comments:

  1. I love the jacket, the yoke is amazing! My breastfeeding is spent on gossip girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is looking great. Did you make the adorable project bag also?
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bag was a birthday gift from a friend. It is made by Lantern Moon and is much sturdier than many of my other project bags. http://www.lanternmoon.com/Meadow-Pouch_p_149.html

      Delete
  3. The yoke is gorgeous! It will be totally worth all the work:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it's slow going, but I can assure you it's going to be SO worth it when it's all done. It's a gorgeous pattern. Now, hurry up so I can see modeled pics on Doodlebug, and we can all wallow in the cute for a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cables, even if they are a pain. And I'm with Paula-- the finished sweater will be adorable on Doodlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pinched my title from last week! Lol

    What a gorg pattern! Does it come in my size? ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet jacket that will be! Hope your yarn holds out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cabling. Very nice!!!! (and I like the VlogBrothers as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Think that your choice of yarn is absolutely gorgeous as well, I can't wait to see the finished object. I've got loads of resolutions for March, all to do with spinning - mainly 'learn to spin' because I've had the equipment for ages and haven't quite got to grips with it yet!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.