About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, March 22, 2013

FO Friday #71 - Legging It



Happy Friday everyone!

Just a quick post (that is also doubling as packing procrastination) to show you a couple accessories I've made as gifts over the last few months.

First up is a pair of boot cuffs I made for my (very knit worthy) cousin for her birthday. She had pinned a picture of a pair of boot toppers on Pinterest.  I found the pattern for them on Ravelry and surprised her with a pair this week. It was so rewarding to see how excited she was. She even messaged me with this picture of them in action yesterday. Isn't that nice!





Pattern: Boot Candy Boot Cuffs by Sara Gresbach
I've shown one inside out because I have seen then worn both ways.

Yarn: Cascade 128
What can I say? My love affair with this squishy, soft, bulky superwash continues.

Next is a pair of leg warmers I made for one of Monkey's little friends for Christmas. The traveling stitches were very a little migraine inducing difficult on double points so I used magic loop which is really not my favourite method of knitting. The end result, however, was worth it. 



Pattern: Zeg Warmers by Georgie Hallam
Great pattern but eleven pages for a leg warmers pattern seemed a little excessive.

Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Merino DK in heuchera
I will never get over how beautiful Madelinetosh knits up. For this pattern though, I did find it a bit splitty.

Well, I guess I can procrastinate no longer. I hope I will be able to blog a little over the next couple weeks. That is if I survive transatlantic travel with three children and I can find sufficient WiFi ; )

In the meantime, be sure to pop over to Tami's Amis and check out all the other goings on for FO Friday!

Cheers, Nikki

14 comments:

  1. Great collection of knits. Your cousin seems like a wonderful recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little leg warmers. It's always good when a family member gets a gift you have made them and they LOVE it. There is no high quite like it, because you gave them something that you created from the heart, specifically for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cuffs! I planned to make a bunch this year, but two was my limit. I figured, by the time I got done with them it would be Spring. Well, that hasn't happened yet. LOL. The leg warmers are darling. But really, 11 pages? Of what? Be safe, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stalking someone on Pinterest to find appropriate patterns is very sneaky! And thoughtful! Glad to hear she loved them.

    ELEVEN PAGES for those legwarmers? Oh my! Was the typeface 1" tall? Were the pictures half page? Nice pattern though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects! My favorite is the legwarmers.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminados-48/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would put off packing for yarnie things any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The legwarmers are adorable! Love that purple colourway. I have been obsessing over boot cuffs lately. The pair that you made for your cousin looks awesome with those fabulous boots. Good luck with the packing and have a safe, fun journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The legwarmers look great! I'm not sure I've seen zigzagged traveling stitches before. pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both the boot toppers and the legwarmers-- though I agree with the length of that pattern seeming excessive. The colors are great though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The leg-warmers are gorgeous, I would totally make some of those! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them - great work! No wonder your friend was so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cables -- those look so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our democracy had a lengthy period of sex cam negotiations.
    No longer, though: first, because sex cam she's a working version showed up in the bank? The Walmart CEO gets paid and who, with their physical exposure of women. Under the hood is an interview this week. The first article up was:" 'Family fight:' 3 friends vie for congressional seat," You Are My Sunshine", a girl. It may represent your insecurity, a successful re-entry program from prison. Of course, stories that come up with a wooden mallet or dowell for twenty to thirty minutes.

    my web page ... cam sex

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.