About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, March 15, 2013

FO Friday # 70 - Thinking of Vancouver Island


Happy Friday everyone.

Strathcona is an incredibly lovely provincial park on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. Having grown up in Vancouver, I have spent a lot of time on The Island and miss it dearly. Strathcona is also the name a fun scarf pattern by Jane Richmond. Jane's latest collection features patterns named after parts of Vancouver Island. Strathcona is my favourite.

I enjoyed knitting this scarf. The slanted eyelet pattern makes for quick knitting. Choosing to knit a bright red colour in the middle of winter was an inspired pick. And so, I have another Christmas present knit and it is for my aunt who,funnily enough, lives on... Vancouver Island.

Probably the most time consuming part of this knit was blocking it out.



But, I think it was well worth the effort.




Pattern: Strathcona by Jane Richmond
40% Silk 40% Wool 20% Bamboo
Almost two full skeins used

This weekend will be spent packing, packing, packing. Babies are so small. Why do they need so much stuff??

I hope you have something more fun planned than I do. And, I hope it includes checking out more FO's on Tami's Amis!

Cheers, Nikki

8 comments:

  1. The scarf is lovely! It looks like a fun knit too.
    Good luck with the packing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that scarf. The more I see of that book, the more I want it. I love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cool design! And I love the red, definitely brightens up the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great way to block... are those tiles from those foam children's puzzles or real blocking equipment? I am usually stuck clothes pinning my projects to my clothes line so my blocking always waits til summer! Beautiful scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf, and what an interesting shape. I am sure it helps to hug the neck easier than a straight edge would. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's pretty. I'm very intrigued by the shape but it looks very practical worn. I'm adding it to my queue right now~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scarf!!

    Good luck with the moving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is incredible! I agree, the red WAS an inspired colour choice, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.