About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An Unexpected Gift

I received something lovely in the mail today. I think that most people would agree that there is a special joy that comes from getting mail (other than bills of course). But, what I got was Unexpected Present mail and let me tell you, UP mail is in a category all to itself. It totally made my day.

Strictly speaking of course the gift was not actually for me... well, let me show you.


I love Where the Wild Things Are!



It's a gorgeous handknit Baby Sophisticate from Paula at knitandseek!
Such a lovely surprise. I met Paula through Tami's Amis about two years ago and I feel very lucky to have such a special friend. It's funny how much you can value the friendship of someone whom you have never actually met in person.





I'm pretty sure Bean likes his present almost as much as I do because this is his very first "almost" smiling photo!!

Thanks Paula you are the best xxx

Cheers, Nikki

3 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH! He's so stinking cute! I can't stand it! I'm so glad it fits, and even more glad you took pictures. You made my day! And jeez,that package sure took its time getting there -- I mailed it almost 3 weeks ago! I'm pretty sure this is the best Thank You note ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I knew the moment I saw the first photo what it was. And he does seem to love it. Great job Paula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Paula is such a sweetie. What a lovely gift and Bean looks very impressed - and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.