About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, February 1, 2013

FO Friday # - A Labour of Love




Happy Friday everyone!

The day before I had my new baby - who I will now call Bean (thanks Paula!), I started a very simple little vest for him. 
When I went into labour the next day, I thought it would be the perfect project to take to the hospital with me. I then spent the next 8 hours or so knitting the same two rows, over and over and over. See, the pattern is incredibly simple, but you do need to slip the first stitch of each row and that one little detail was apparently too much for my addled mind to handle. At least it was distracting!
I did finish it over the next few days and then decided to add a little hat to complete the outfit. The little jumpsuit I have made for him is not going to fit for a while but these little items are perfect right now : )



Vest:
Pattern - Pebble by Nikol Lohr (free!)


Hat:
Pattern - Tubey by Woolly Wormhead
Yarn: 25g Berroco Blackstone Tweed



Wishing you all a wonderful and relaxing weekend full of time to knit and check out more finished objects over at Tami's Amis!

Cheers, Nikki

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He's cute as a button and the best Finished Object one could dream of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pebble vest, and he looks totally adorable in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a real cutie Bean is and he sure looks handsome in his vest and hat and so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say hello to Bean. He is cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That outfit is just too cute for words!! I like Bean as a blogging name, very descriptive for this stage in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable outfit and little Bean is even more adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! And even cuter on baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHMYGOSH! I love nothing more than babies in handknits. It's my favorite thing in the world! He looks incredibly handsome and very well loved in his vest and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations...your baby is adorable and so are your FOs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! He is lovely.

    Your's FO's look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! Yay, Bean! I'm so honored! And he's looking especially dapper in his new duds. You really *are* Super Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, your little Bean is so cute! You are such a productive knitter, he looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both the hat and vest (and your little bean) are adorable! He looks so cute and cozy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bean is adorable and so is the outfit! Funny trying to knit in the labor room -- glad it helped. I probably would have broken my needles.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.