About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, February 15, 2013

FO Friday #66 - Well Travelled


Happy Friday everyone!

I am very excited to show you today's Finished Object. I admit to feeling pretty proud about this one.

Traveling to Nova Scotia


Pattern: Traveling Woman by Liz Abinante
Size Large
Details on my Ravelry page here

Colourway: Cove
1.25 skeins used


I had a great time knitting this Traveling Woman shawl for my husband's aunt's 60th birthday. I couldn't believe how quickly it knit up. It took me less than a month and I had a baby and knit several baby items at the same time!

The yarn was a dream and I would use it again in a second. Because it is single ply, I don't think it would wear well for socks or garments but I think it is a perfect yarn for lace and shawls.

It turned at quite a bit bigger than I was expecting but I think it is gorgeous. I know my aunt has a special wedding to attend this summer - I hope this shawl will be the perfect accessory!


I wish you all a wonderful weekend. I am especially looking forward to mine as my Dad is flying out to meet his newest Grandson for the first time!

Cheers, Nikki

Check out (many) more FO's at Tami's Amis.




13 comments:

  1. My heart jumped when I read the title of your post. Nova Scotia, I love it and want to be there any time. :-) Your shawl is beautiful, a wonderful gift for your aunt. Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Travelling Woman shawl pattern, so simple to knit but so elegant. I love the yarn you've chosen for yours. I wore mine when I got married last Summer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I hop you have a great time this weekend - sounds like you will! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous - especially in that yarn. I hope you have fun during your Dad's visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just gorgeous shawl and perfect choice of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really pretty. I love it. And I bet your husband's aunt will too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! She will adore it. Hopefully your Dad's time with the baby will be full of cuddles and love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shawl! It drapes gorgeously over the shoulders. I hope your husband's aunt adores it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shawl!

    Have a greeat weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! Love the color. You are a superhero knitter as far as I am concerned. Having a baby, knitting all those cute baby items (such a cute vest & hat set) AND a lace shawl, too?!!
    Hope that you have a wonderful time with your dad on his visit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! Cheers to many more beautiful knits, having a baby and family time! Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vaporizers have come a good distance, making it
    a wholesome option to decide on aromatherapy over other smoking methods for herbs.
    With a click of the button the herbs heat up super fast, and the best part
    is that the external part of the vape is cool to
    the touch making the handling of the vape super easy.
    The conversion takes place in a different chamber and there is no
    chance for you to inhale the vapours of butane.

    My website; volcano vaporizer

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you take these pain relievers often, switching to a natural
    substitute such as Boswellia may relieve your symptoms.
    However, the body acquired resistance power to tolerate substantial levels of pain thereby helping in exercising regularly.
    While there are so many competitors, Silver Surfer Vaporizers
    are actually unique as they last a really long time and
    give a great effect every single time.

    my webpage; Volcano Vaporizer

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.