About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, January 18, 2013

FO Friday #64 - Cowl Couplet

Happy Friday everyone!

This week has more about starting projects than finishing them (I think I've cast on 4 projects in the last 3 days - No I'm not feeling anxious and impatient. Why do you ask?) But fortunately, prior to the startitis, was a bout of finishitis, where I finished just about every WIP I had going. And I am way behind in showing them to you!

First up is a couple cowls.

This one was my Christmas gift for my Mum.




Pattern: Stockholm Scarf by Knitted Bliss - It's free!


I actually loved knitting this yarn (and got more for Christmas - yippee!). It is a gorgeous soft alpaca with just the right amount of sparkle. Enough to be interesting but not gaudy.

Next is a cowl that I reverse engineered from a big bulky cowl that my cousin bought at Ann Taylor Loft. While I was in Halifax in December my cousin, her mom and I all bought big needles and super bulky yarn and each whipped one of these puppies up - so fun!





There bound to be tons of crafty items to see today at Tami's Amis. But be sure to check back here next week as I have lots more finished items to show!

Cheers, Nikki

11 comments:

  1. Just popping over from Tami's, really great cowls both look wonderful, can't wait to see all the items started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cowls! :) I want to knit stockholm scarf someday.. it's good to have finishitis accompanying startitis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cowls. I just need to decide on one and make it for myself. I have made several for others. But there are so many lovely ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Stockholm cowl. BeaUtIFuL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cowls! I've added the Stockholm to my queue, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cowls are gorgeous. I especially like the Stockholm Scarf. It looks wonderful in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those cowls look great! I haven't made a cowl in a long time now, hrm ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cowls look great! I really like the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cowls! They both look so warm and cozy. I especially like the one that you reverse engineered. I have some bulky alpaca in the stash that would be perfect for one of these. Any chance of a pattern post in the future? I am horrible at reverse engineering anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cowls are lovely! Love the warm & earthy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cowls. I really like the pattern on that first one.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.