About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday #73 - Open Season for Knitting


Happy Wednesday everyone.

Winter's in the air, Christmas is coming and the start of November feels like open season for knitters. I have my list, I've checked it twice and then I stopped looking at it to try to minimize the feelings of panic it produced in me. I can already tell that this going to be one of those years when I try to do. too. much.

For now, I am taking advantage of these dark cozy nights to enjoy the fireplace and knit as fast as I can.

I'm knitting something new! It is a Stockholm Cowl out of Berroco Flicker. I wish you could could see the gold sparkles in the picture. It has enough to be noticable without being over the top. The rest is the softest alpaca. This the first time I've knitted with a chain yarn.

IMG_1259


So far, so good... except for that moment last night when I got so enthralled with the election results that I dropped a stitch and couldn't figure out how fix it. I ended up ripping out a days work. But let's not talk about that.
I'm back on track and it full steam ahead!

I suspects there are lots more people with works-on-the-go over at Tami's Amis ; )

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. I've read wonderful things about that cowl-- looking forward to seeing the rest of yours; looks wonderful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn dropped stitches! I'm sure you will be back to where you left off in no-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm Stokholm looks really nice and warm! It's going to be lovely in that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you've got to frog and re-knit, I'm guessing you could do worse than super soft, sparkly alpaca. Just saying. ;) Also, that pattern is gorgeous! Sparkles FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be a yummy cowl!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.