About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, November 16, 2012

FO Friday # 59 - One Hand Clapping



Happy Friday everyone!

I am especially happy to see this Friday arrive. My husband has been away all week and will be getting home tomorrow. Single parenting a 4 year old and a two year old while 30 weeks pregnant is not something I will be quick to repeat. I feel like I could sleep for a week!

Anyways... my FO this week is one that has yet to fail to reach past the fatigue and crankiness and bring a smile to my face. I love it. I am wearing it constantly, even just around the house.

I have finally joined the ranks of all the many many knitters who have made a Clapotis! The pattern is certainly tried and true - and free. I bought the yarn to make myself one in an after Christmas sale last year. I've finally gotten it done and I am so glad I did.

IMG_1245
an action shot during a recent visit to Monkey's preschool


IMG_1257

Pattern: Clapotis by Kate Gilbert
Needle size: 5mm on a long circular cable
Modifications : none!

IMG_1255

I bought 7 skeins and used all but 12 grams to complete the pattern. Because the Noro is so sticky, every dropped stitch had to be loosened by hand (I used a crochet hook). But, I never got bored or fed up. The colour changes coupled with knitting on the bias with dropped stitches was a perfect kind of bliss for me. It was also a good reason to buy a bunch of fancy new stitch markers : ) In the end, mine was determined to block into a rectangle shape. I'm thinking it might make a good nursing shawl come the new year...

IMG_1267

I hope you have some fun activities planned this weekend. I'll be seeing you over at Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki


8 comments:

  1. I love how yours turned out. I gifted mine a few years ago and then was gifted one. I'm thinking I should knit another.

    I love how your colors striped out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I haven't done that pattern, can't imagine knitting all those stitches and then raveling them. LOL. But it sure does make a stunning piece. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks nice and warm!! and the colors are Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so lovely! What a pretty colorway too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous, I love all the colours through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow your shawl is so, so pretty. I really like the yarn you selected for the pattern, it is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The Noro is perfect for the pattern. I love that colourway, too, because you can wear it with warm or cool colors. It is such a versatile size, too.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.