About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WIP Wednesday #72 - Denial Denied



Happy Hallowe'en everybody!

Today is a very exciting day in the lives of my children. We've got costume dress-up for school, dinner and trick-or-treating at a friend's house and various other holiday chaos going on. I expect to have two very hyped up, over tired children by the end of the day... again. Oh, well I guess that's what being a kid is all about : )

On the other hand, as a knitter, the end of October means something else to me... I can no longer deny that Christmas is bearing quickly down upon us. This year, I have especially tried to ignore the coming end of the year, because just a a few weeks into the new year I am due to have a baby. Yikes!

But despite my efforts, the days keep ticking by. I was inspired by a friend to create a spreadsheet of my Christmas knitting goals but I am kidding myself if I think I can possibly be that organized. I have at least managed to add some deadlines to my queued projects on Ravelry. And so, today's WIP is a planned Christmas gift for my Aunt.




With this ingenious little pattern, 25 rows of Cascade 220 held double gets you a whole slipper ready to felt. At this rate, I should have a pair of slippers ready to give away by the weekend.

If they work out. Fingers crossed!

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you ;) Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors you chose! I'm sure your aunt will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking at that pattern, and now you did it! Pattern purchased. I have loads of 220 and Paton's CW to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors!! Esp. that bright blue!! Hope it all works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice of pattern and colors. I always get a kick out of seeing something go through the felting process. It is like watching a magic trick. Fingers crossed that yours turns into a comfy cozy pair of slippers and not a bunny :) Now that tomorrow is the first day of November, I guess that we can no longer deny that Christmas is just around the corner. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.