About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday #71 - The Magic of the Mountains


Happy Wednesday everybody!

I had an absolutely fabulous weekend away. Just four knitting friends and a whole lot of yarn. We ate lovely food, watched some great movies and shows, wandered a mountain town and knit, knit knit.

It was a therapy I would prescribe to anyone (especially any stay-at-home-moms who see with trepidation the long winter months looming ahead).
The view from our condo
It is amazing how much knitting you can get done when you have two days with no children (well, not born ones anyways) and almost no responsibilities (except to sleep and eat which I did do a fair amount of as well).

I made great progress on my Elvira despite my ability to screw up a basic 4 row lace pattern repeat in more ways than you can imagine. I'm hoping to have it finished this week.

Here is a seriously unflattering picture of me doing some significant lace surgery
to fix yet another mistake. At least I was doing it in the setting of a fantastic coffee and bagel spot.

I also knit a whole hat for Doodlebug (I modified the Amanda Hat pattern and it is super cute - check back Friday to see!)

My friends and I managed to do some serious damage at a beautiful yarn store in Canmore called Knit and Caboodle.

And I picked my first pattern that I'm going to knit for my unborn babe!
The question is... will it be pink or will it be blue?

IMG_1035

Hopefully, I will continue to get my knit on and will have the answer for you next week!

Cheers, Nikki

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful break - that view is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that reminds me of juno - all babies want to get born!
    i love the 'cheaper than therapy' bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I miss the mountains. Such a beautiful view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love that yarn haul! I think both the pink and the blue are beautiful options- how about both?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scenery. I'm not sure that wasn't too distracting for knitting. That and good company, right? Love the look of concentration during the "lace surgery" . Been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend! Looks like you and your friends invested in some beautiful yarn! Love the bags too...although I'm not sure if the saying is always true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had a place to stay with a view like that. I do have a place with an ocean view, but I see that twice a year. It's been ages since I have been out to the mountains! You are making me think it's time. Love the yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous view! Looks like an awesome yarn haul, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Lace surgery", ha! This is great! What a wonderful view from your room. And what a wonderful idea to go away with knitty friends for a weekend. The pink and the blue are lovely. Good luck! Regula

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.