About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, October 12, 2012

FO Friday #54 - C is for Cowl



Happy Friday everyone!

Wow, I am soooo far behind on posting my FO's.

This cowl was knit for my LYS's AlphaKal for the letter 'C'... in August.

The photos were taken on the beach in Vancouver in 25 degree weather.
The day these pics were taken, we were out for a nice dinner at a beachfront restaurant
It was only after I got home I realized I had my shirt on inside out.
I blame baby brain, and my children, and heatstroke from wearing a cowl in the August heat.

Now, it is October and snowing in Calgary.


Sniff. Where does the time go? Oh well, at least now I can wear it without melting!

C is for Cowl

Pattern: Honey Cowl by Madelinetosh
Size: large
Yarn: Araucania Atacama (discontinued)
100% Alpaca - DK weight
3 full skeins used


Best wishes for a wonderful weekend to you all.

Cheers, Nikki

11 comments:

  1. Love the cowl :) And your shirt looks pretty cute inside out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cowl, and I agree with Natalie, you can't tell the shirt is on inside out. I still blame "baby brain" and my girls are 6 :) Right now I'm calling it "stress brain" there is always something to blame when are clothing is on inside out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have known it was inside out until you said ... besides isn't that the fashion these days? Outside seams, zippers sewn atop and such like? Love the cowl, especially double-looped (it looks warmer that way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love having my winter knits all ready to go as soon as it starts getting cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! I just unpacked a bunch of my winter knits, and I'm so excited to get to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cowl looks awesome with your stylish inside out shirt! Mommy chic! Great choice of yarn for that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, I'm sure you will really enjoy wearing it as the autumn carries on. If there is a mummy out there who hasn't left the house in slight disarray at some point I'd be very surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I'm nearing completion on a honey cowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I'm nearing completion on a honey cowl too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours in this cowl! Must be luscious being 100% alpaca!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.