About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, September 21, 2012

FO Friday #53 - A Cardi for Kasen



Happy Friday everyone!

Our extended family welcomed a new addition this summer. Sweet little Kasen was born in August. He was a few weeks earlier than expected but is as cute as a button. He is our cousins' first baby and I made sure he welcomed into the family in style with a sweet little baby knit.

A Cardi for Kasen
IMG_0870
Pattern: Little Coffee Bean Cardigan by Elizabeth Smith
Size: 6 months
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash and Superwash Paints
Modifications: 
I accidentally used 4.5mm and 3.75mm needles for this knit because apparently I have pattern reading issues. oops!

I enjoyed this free pattern and I think it made a lovely boyish cardigan that was still fun to knit. I have enough yarn left over from the two skeins to make a matching baby hat.

I don't have any actions shots yet because it's still too big for the wee man, but it should be perfect for the coming fall and winter!

When I took the kids to meet little Kasen, Monkey was very concerned about how he eats without any teeth. Doodlebug just thought he was "stinky". I wonder what they are going to think when their new sibling arrives!

Cheers, Nikki



4 comments:

  1. Love it! I like how some on Rav have done a band with designs in it at the bottom. I might just incorporate that feature into it. Need to make a baby item for an upcoming baby, but I won't know which gender until baby arrives. This looks like it will be quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little cardigan! I love the combination of colors. Kasen is an adorable name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute. I like the colours!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.