About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday #68 - C is for Cowl



Happy Wednesday everyone!

Well, I'm afraid to say say I don't have a lot in-progress to show you today. That's because I've finished almost everything I've been working on! I guess that's not a bad problem to have : )

Today marks the start of the next instalment of the "AlphaKAL" that has been organized by my LYS, The Loop. We are up to letter "C".

Although, there are plenty of projects I should be starting. I just can't resist making another Honey Cowl any longer.

I loved my first one and I know it is still cherished by its recipient. This time I going a little bolder with my yarn choice. I picked up 3 skeins of Atacama about a month ago (on sale *yippee!) and it just called Honey cowl to me from the moment I saw it. I don't know who it will be for yet but it is going to be my little knitting guilty pleasure for August : )



If you want to see more actual works-in-progress, don't forget to hop on over to Tami's blog for oodles of great links.

See you Friday, with the first of my recently completed projects!

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Great colour - will be interesting to see how it works up.

    I always think of blue and brown together as tenth doctor colours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is so unusual, lovely colours. Can't wait to see how it knits up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finished projects and on sale yarn! That's good news all around! I've been wanting to make the Honey Cowl, so I'm excited to see how it'll look with multi-coloured yarn. Can't wait to see the finished items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for finished projects. Your yarn is amazing. I am so jealous of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love the honey cowl, and I love that yarn, so this is going to be a project I really enjoy seeing take shape, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue and brown together reminds me of water and earth. Very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.