About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, July 13, 2012

FO Friday #51 - Dear Doodles... again



Happy Friday everyone!

I loved the hat I made for my Doodlebug last year, but it is getting a bit small and she doesn't need the chin ties anymore. I wanted to make her a new summer hat. I went through a bunch of patterns on Ravely, but in the end I could find one I like as much as last year's. So... I made it again, only bigger : )



Pattern: 
I really enjoy this pattern (as evidenced by the fact that this is my 3rd time making it). It's quick but varied enough to be interesting. I am endlessly pleased by the neat brim created by folding at the picot edge and picking up the cast-on stitches and knitting them together with the live stitches. And it's free! 

Size: 12-24 months
I know this hat tends to run big, so I went with the 12-24 month size for my almost 24 month old. It was a bit big when I finished. My blocking consisted of throwing it in the washer and dryer. I think it came out about perfect.


Yarn:
100% organic cotton
The sport weight of the yarn makes the cotton quite nice to knit. Comes in great colours too.

Needles:
3.5mm knit picks 16 in nickel circular
3.5mm bamboo Chiagoo DPNs

Modifications:
none!


Can you believe my sweet girl is going to be two next week?!! We are off on our summer holidays in a few hours. I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Cheers, Nikki



14 comments:

  1. My hats always turn out bigger that stated!! Love this one, it's such a sweet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! The hat's cute too, but that smile in the last photo just did me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picot..hmm that is on my list of things to learn cuz I love that hat..2 years old is really fun doesn't have to be "the terribles"....but even then..showing that independent spirit is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! She has grown. I remember when you posted the original hat last year. Hey, when a pattern works then stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I love how neat the hem / brim with the picots is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww she looks adorable. And the hat is super cute too XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bon voyage, friend! Ridiculously cute, that kid is. And the hat is awesome. It's a good thing you have fun knitting it, I see another one or two in your future. Happy early birthday to the Doodlebug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Hat! I think it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!! Both the hat and your little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely hat, she's tall for 2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! What a lovely b-day present. ♥

    p.s. My niece is gonna be 2 next week too. ;)
    Mine is two. It's so much fun. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.