About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP Wednesday #65 - A question for you...


Happy Wednesday everyone.

I'm sorry I don't have much I can show you today.

I have been working a lot on a secret project. I am using Elsebeth Lavoid Silky Wool for the first time. It is very nice to knit but not all that soft. I'll be interested to see it the texture changes with blocking.

I have finished my "Giant" baby blanket using Cascade Eco Duo. Good thing too, because the sweet babe it's for was born last week. The blanket is currently blocking on our spare bed and I be back on Friday to show you the finished result.

So, the only thing I have to show this week is the second sock of my Socks by the Pool II. I have turned the heel so pretty much all that is left is to knit round and round and round and round until I get to the toes!



I could use a little advice however...
I bought several skeins of Aslan Trends King Llama and Mulberry Silk to make a shawl for my great-aunt in her nursing home in Wales.



Picking a pattern has become easier said than done. I would like to make this shawl as part a June Alphabetical KAL with my LYS The Loop (ie: A for Aslan Trends) so I need to decide today!.

I've narrowed my pattern choices to:
Ruffled Shawl
Triplicity
Aqua Waves Wrap
Coquille Shawl
Multnomah

Vote here to have your pick!





Thanks for helping me out. I'm sure there are plenty more actual pics of works-in-progress are waiting to be found through Tami's Amis.

Cheers, Nikki

9 comments:

  1. All your choices are lovely, and I think they'll all look great in that gorgeous yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with pinkundine. Any of those patterns will make a gorgeous shawl with that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours of your By The Pool socks! If you've finished the gusset decrease, then you're almost done. All lovely shawl pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for stripedy socks in the summer time! And I'm anxious to hear more about the secret project and see which shawl you chose. All of them are lovely! I must admit I was just a smidge disappointed that I couldn't see how the vote was leaning after I cast mine. I'm dying of curiosity here! But just a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for stripedy socks in the summer time! And I'm anxious to hear more about the secret project and see which shawl you chose. All of them are lovely! I must admit I was just a smidge disappointed that I couldn't see how the vote was leaning after I cast mine. I'm dying of curiosity here! But just a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh. Never mind. Apparently, it just didn't load properly. Disaster averted, and curiosity cured. I know you were concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your yarn colours are really pretty. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice socks! That yarn is gorgeous, I voted, oh yes I did!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.