About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday #62 - Back in the Race

It's been a good week so far. A week of rebounds.

Waking on Saturday to find my first ever home-grown daffodil lying flat on the ground covered in snow, made the sight I found the backyard yesterday even sweeter.


After spending almost a week in a major time-out because I couldn't figure out how to take the puff out of the sleeves so I could make them longer (let it be known now, that I am certainly no designer!), I picked up my Cherry cardigan, did some math and winged it.


The sleeves are done (fingers crossed they work!!!!) and now the button bands are too. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

As an added bonus, yesterday, I spent the day in the sun, at the zoo, with my kids and then came home and made these adorable owl crafts with my Monkey : )


I hope your week is full of joyful moments you weren't expecting.

Cheers, Nikki

Check out many more WIP's through Tami's Amis!

www.luvinthemommyhood.com

13 comments:

  1. I love those owls, what a great idea, I need to get more adventurous with my kids' craft activities.
    Your cardigan looks great tp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the idea on pinterest. That site is a goldmine (and has great potential to be a giant time suck!)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like things are working out just great! Enjoy the rest of your week! (will we get to see the cardi on Friday?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this week I'm afraid but I am determined to have it done for next week. BTW Congrats on your photo win for blog week!

      Delete
  3. Ooh! A rebound sounds pretty spectacular right about now. Hope there are enough to go around, but SO glad to hear that things are going your way this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the owls! They are so cute:)
    Your sweater is going to be gorgeous. Great job figuring out how to do the sleeves. I would have just given up at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The craft owls are super cute. The cardigan looks like it is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. daffodils are so cheery, aren't they?

    Glad your week has been a bright one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely daffodils. My garden seems to have skipped right past early spring :(
    Your cardigan looks great. I hope the sleeves work; I suck at that so no advice from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow daffodils, cute owls and a lovely cardigan in progress are all things to cheer about! Hope that the sleeves come out as expected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your top is looking great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to see the pieces of your cardigan laid out like that pre-seaming. I haven't done a sweater yet, so I enjoy seeing the in-progress pics.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.