About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, May 4, 2012

FO Friday #45 - An FO (of sorts)


Happy Fiber Arts Friday everyone!

I am very excited about today FO even though technically the whole project isn't finished yet.

I have, however, finished MY VERY FIRST ADULT SOCK!!!



Tah Dah!

Definitely worth all the capital letters; don't you think?

Even better news.. it fits!
I'm going to save the action shots for when there is a pair... one day.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend (filled with plenty of free time to check out all the other fabulous FO's posted on Tami's blog ; )

Cheers, Nikki

16 comments:

  1. Well done! I was wondering what happened to the socks as they fell off the radar for a while......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. Congratulations on your first sock. Every sock you knit now will get easier and easier until you only have handmade socks in your drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Isn't it exciting? Are you going to cast on a new pair or wait? I took a break between my first two socks but am ready to now cast on my third pair. Your sock turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Having just started my first sock, this post makes me want to cheer! Your sock looks amazing---nice knitting and beautiful yarn, and I can't wait to see the action shot once the pair is finished. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray!! Congratulations on your very first sock! It looks great and I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's incredible! I'm so impressed with people who can knit socks. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the first sock! Good luck and Godspeed on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooot! I'm still scared of starting a pair of socks! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful sock, I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! Congratulations on your first sock. That's a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the first sock. My first did not fit and now I don't want to finish the second. Hee hee. Yours came out so lovely too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big old congrats..here's to many more socks in your knit life

    ReplyDelete
  13. So awesome! It looks terrific and I love the colors. Now hurry up and start on the second one. You don't want to curse yourself with second sock syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woooohoooo - congratulations. The socks looks fantastic and is absolutely worth all the capitals :)

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.