About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Thursday, April 26, 2012

3KCBWDAY4 - A Knitter for all Seasons


Happy Thursday everyone!

Castiel
Life and the need for sleep have conspired against me and the result is this blog post coming a little hard. Blogging everyday is a lot of work! And I still have no idea what I'm doing for tomorrow!!
Bella's Mittens
I live in a part of the planet that is relatively chilly for much of the year. It is actually possible for us to have snow in any month of the year - and let me tell you there is almost nothing morse disheartening than snow in August.
Honey Cowl
One of the few plus sides to living here is that it is a knitter paradise. Any woolly item you can think of, we need it. Hats, mittens, scarfs, sweaters, leg warmers, have at 'er. Then there are the lost hats, scarfs, and mittens that need replacing and the need for knits never ends.

owls

Then comes the shoulder seasons. 

Lune Shawl

I love making shawls and fingerless mitts that are perfect for Spring and Autumn and easy to layer on those days where the temperature radically changes between morning and night.

Ritzy
Lately, however, I have started to look a little more at summer knits. Tees & tanks are certainly quicker to knit than sweaters. Summer hats can be just as useful as winter ones.

Dear Liza

 Like many people, I learned to knit by making dishcloths out of cheap coarse cotton yarn and have only recently discovered that not all cotton based yarns are the same. Some are actually quite lovely to knit with. My current project is a summer cardigan made with Debbie Bliss Cathay, a cotton, silk and rayon blend that is a bit splitty but otherwise great to knit. 

Cherry

I can certainly see knitting more short sleeve items in my future. I think by the end of this summer I will truly be able to consider myself a knitter for all seasons : )

Cheers, Nikki

To see more Blog Week posts for today, simply google 3KCBWDAY4.

2 comments:

  1. This post was dangerous to read...I just added Bella's Mittens and Ritzy to my future projects list! And your Owls is lovely. Need to knit one of these, too.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.