About Me

My Photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, February 24, 2012

FO Friday #40 - Another Vest

Happy Friday everyone!

I have lived to knit another day. I'd love to tell you that I am on the mend... but the truth is I'm not quite there yet. Still, it's nice to to have a finished project to show you today.

My latest baby gift is Another Vest. Vests are definitely becoming my signature baby pressie. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.

Another Vest


Pattern: Keene Vest by Marilyn Losee

This free pattern is worked from the bottom up. It is very clearly written. I really loved the effect of the stripes worked into the ribbing.

100: superwash wool
100g brick / 20g bark


A fantastic workhorse yarn than is great for baby knits as it is machine washable. Comes in a large variety of colours. Amazing value for money... if only it didn't have to be shipped from Australia.(fortunately I have a "in" who will send it to me in the regular post : )


Needles: 4.0mm Knitpicks 16" nickel circular
3.5mm Knitpicks 16" harmony circular


Modifications:
I knit the 12-18 month pattern directions but used a lighter weight yarn with smaller needles that the pattern suggests. The finished size is about 6-9 months. The intended recipient is about 1 months old so all's good. I also lengthened the body by a couple centimetres as the pattern ran a little short to me.


the closest I could get to an action shot
I wish you all a Friday filled with fantastic FO's and Fibre Arts followed by a weekend of free time and fun!

Cheers, Nikki

Yes, it's snowing - I'm not talking about it




20 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous! I love the red with the grey accents--it is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vest is super adorable. I just found out a friend is expecting her first baby so...now I get to look at baby and kid knits. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaw what a great gift. It looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fab! I think vests are a great idea for babies - warm torsos and cores while leaving those busy arms and hands free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the vest. I will have to keep those in mind for future baby gifts. I tend to offer blankets but vests are adorable for little boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great vest! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, your teddy will be cozy warm now that winter is actually here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute vest! I'm sure the recipient will love it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute....hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet vest, lucky little recipient, love the cables, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you on the vest knitting for baby. Especially boys. Must bookmark that as I planned to make one for a little one I know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable 'signature' baby gift! Any child would be lucky to get a gift from you! You do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's really cute, I'm glad it goes up to my girls' sizes. I think they may be getting one each very soon. Btw, I've added you on twitter and ravelry, I hope you don't mind. I could do with more crafty friends on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. An excellent signature present, I think! This one is gorgeous, I really love the colours you chose and the great cables.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a handsome vest. Love that color combination. The stripes and cables are fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe... the cuteness is just.too.much. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this vest! It's adorable! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable and dignified :-) I'm dying to knit some sweaters and vests for my little guy for next winter, but I have no idea what size he'll be then.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.