About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, February 17, 2012

FO Friday #39 - Lovely Lavender Legwarmers



Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I knew there was no chance this week that I would be able to upstage Doodlebug and her darling vest FO from last week.

Then it occurred to me... some matching legwarmers would be verrryyy cute with that vest!

Lovely Lavender Legwarmers

video

Pattern: Of my own design, inspired by the Milo vest

Essentially, I cast on 40 stitches in the round over a larger size needle. I knit 2 x 2 ribbing for 10 rows then switched to stockinette with a simple horseshoe cable, matching the one of the vest. I finished with another 10 rows of rib and then cast off over a larger size needle. Total length about 20cm.


Yarn: 40g Cascade 220 Superwash (still)
I have no idea what I'm going to do with the last 40 grams.

Needles: 4.5mm and 4.0mm



Doodlebug will make one more appearance next Friday. Then, it will be back to knitting for other people's children ; )

Warm weekend wishes from my house to yours.

Cheers, Nikki

video
Sorry, I couldn't resist one more video : )

16 comments:

  1. Oh she is adorable! What a sweetheart. Oh and the legwarmers are nice too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaw! She is simply adorable and I LOVE those legwarmers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those legwarmers are adorable!!! They fit perfectly! Doodlebug is soooo very cute. I remember when mine were that age - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a little dancer with that pose and those leg warmers. Adorable and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH EM GEE She is so stinking cute! I am sure you will find something else to make Doodlebug with the remainder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute!!! I'm glad you couldn't resist one more video ;)
    Her new little outfit rocks!
    How old is she??

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is darling! I love your improvised cable legwarmers- so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baby legwarmers! I need to make more for our little one. Yours looks so cute and lavender is such a pretty color :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love how she keeps trying to hold her legs out to show them off when she walks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter is adorable! And I love the legwarmers with the vest. Great color too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah! Way too much cuteness in one post! No, that's not true - there can be too much cute. She's so adorable with her matching sweater and legwarmers!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.