About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday #47 - What's Next?


Happy Wednesday everyone!

I want to start by thanking everyone for their lovely comments on yesterday's post. The start of the year seems to have gotten me feeling a little fragile and sentimental. It's great to have knitting to keep things grounded. I really want 2012 to be a fun, positive and memorable year. It feels soooo good to finally be moving on with some new knitting!

You may notice that I am not showing you My Husband's Henley today. That's because all I have left is to hem the bottom and the neck and attach the buttons!!! I had hoped to knit the hem a la Paula @ KnitandSeek's tutorial but because the sweater was knit top down I couldn't figure out a way to do a hemmed bind off. So, my only alternative has been the sewing approach. It's slow going but I love the way it is looking : ) I won't have ready for this Friday but watch for the big reveal next week!

As hemming requires good light and focused attention, I have needed to move on with some new projects for my TV and day-to-day knitting. Yippeeeeeee!

First up is a new hat for me. I knit a lovely hat for myself in August. It took until November to finally get cold enough to wear it (not that I'm complaining!). But, after less than a month of wearing it, I somehow lost it! Oh the trauma. The hat has been rechristened "Sad Hat" in my circle of friends. Fortunately, my mum gave me some lovely dark teal yarn for Christmas. I knew instantly I had found the replacement fibre for "Sad Hat". The yarn is Zealana Kauri and it's 30% possum! It is lovely and soft and I have started knitting a North Wind hat with it.


Next up is a project I mentioned when I got back from Australia in November. My friend and I wanted to knit the same project at the same time after our visit to Bendigo Woolen Mills. We loved the look of this shawl but had no access to the pattern... so we've kind of made it up.  I have one more row before I get to change colours. I can't wait!
Meet "The Fibres of Friendship"
as my clever friend has recently called it
Finally, I grabbed some yarn for car knitting while I was home for the holidays and couldn't help but start another Noro Striped Scarf. I swear these things are addictive. My next one is going to be out of Knit Picks Chroma.

How are everyone else's first projects of the New Year working out? Click on over to Tami's blog to find out!

Cheers, Nikki

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have such a gorgeous yarn to knit a replacement for sad hat - the possum content sounds very interesting! Love the colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new projects! Can't wait to see your new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lost handknit hat after just one month - that's heartbreaking! Glad you're knitting up a replacement. Possum sounds lovely warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous projects, and loving the noro scarf in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. North wind is a beautiful pattern and will look gorgeous in that teal yarn. You deserve lots of new and fun projects after knitting that epic Henley. Hooray that it is almost finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty project, what a feast for the eyes with all that lovely yarn. I love the Noro scarf, I was just thinking of making one of these the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the Henley. And Hooray for TV knitting! Your new projects look great. I especially like the colors you chose for your shawl. It's sad to lose a hat, but at least it is an excuse to knit a new one! : )

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.