About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday #46 - Progress




Happy Wednesday everyone!

I feel like I have hit the new year running. The weather has been wonderfully mild for this time of year and that alone would be enough to brighten my mood. I'm also feeling very motivated by the turn of the calendar. I have plans, big knitting plans for this year. I really want to get on with them.

But, before I can move along with knitting for 2012, I need to finish my last great project of 2011. Of course, I am talking about My Husband's Henley.

I feel like it's finally getting there. I have about 3cm left on the first sleeve, which has taken about 6 days to knit. And... after getting G to try it on this evening, I think it might kind of fit! In my head it was going to look life a potato sack, but actually its not half bad. Fingers crossed it doesn't grow too much!



G got a box set of the James Bond films  and I got the first season of The Good Wife for Christmas. So, between the two, there is some great TV knitting going on. Watch this space because I feel an FO is probably 2 weeks away (I hope!!!!).

I want to thank everyone who commented on my New Year's resolution post. It's day three and there are nary a yarn shop or a french fry in sight ; )

I'm excited to announce that Chrissy from Stitched Together is the winner of my giveaway of some lovely Mirasol Hacho. Yay!

Isn't it yummy?

I hope January is being gentle on you.

Cheers, Nikki

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Thank you so much. What a nice way to start the year. I'll email you my address. Thanks for running the giveaway ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater looks like it'll be perfect, and so close to finished now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband's sweater looks great! There isn't much more to go at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is going to be awesome! You can finish it in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Henley is fitting well. So so close to being done too, good luck in the home stretch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henley looks great! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed ... I have enough trouble finishing sweaters for myself, much less a man-sized one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, woman! It's looking fantastic. And you're nearly at the finish line -- woo! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great on him! And if his t-shirt is anything to go by, it's exactly his colour too! You've done very well with the fit, I'd say! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, that sweater is the exact one that my fiance said he'd wear! I really don't like the hems on that sweater, though, so I've obtained Todd's permission to put ribbing on the cuffs and hem instead of just ending them flat. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweater is coming along nicely!
    Missed your resolutions post, just read it.
    Sending supportive thoughts your way...
    Willow4

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great sweater for a man. THey are hard to find. Just read your new year's post. You did great last year. I think you will make it on the yarn hiatus.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey it looks fab. Love that you got him to try it on unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the sweater looks fab! I bet you can't wait to get it finished now! All the best for the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.