About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Turning the Page

Happy New Year!!!

Here we go again...

A Recap from last year's resolutions:


1. I want to knit a sweater for each member of my family (yes, even me!)

I feel like this goal was mostly a success. I c ompleted a sweater for Doodlebug, Monkey and any myself. I am currently knitting the sleeves on "My Husband's Henley." For the most part, I consider this a win.


2. Next goal is to train for a 1/2 marathon this year. This is a tough one! I ran my only half in 2005 then got married and had kids and fell WAY off track.

Ha! Not even close. I haven't run at all is the past 6 months and never even did a 10K let alone a half marathon. Partly this was due to a lingering back issue that I though would relves after Doodlebug was born but now looks like it might be disc related. Having said that, I feel the best now than I have in months and it's time to get back in gear!

3. To start french lessons. Monkey is starting French preschool in September and I'm worried I won't be able to keep up!

Well, Monkey did start French school in September and I actually went to sign up for lessons in September and then realized that I would miss half of them with our trip to Australia and New Zealand. Although, I notice I still haven't signed up for this January....

A Fresh Year and a Fresh Start...


Knitting goals for 2012:

1. Yarn diet from January 1st until after our family vacation to Hawaii at the beginning of April - Yikes! (My hands are sweaty just thinking about this one.  My husband's response to this was "Shouldn't you choose something that's remotely possible?")

2. To learn to do stranded knitting while holding one colour in each hand.

3. To blog a minimum of 3 times a week and really discover whether I really have something to say.

Personal Goals

1. To go to bed by 10:30pm on weekdays

2.To plan weeknight meals in advance and cut down the amount of "ready made" food I serve.

3. To exercise at least 3 times a week

4. No more French Fries. Not one. None!

5. To start to take BOTH French and Piano lessons - interesting that I've decided to up the ante on a goal that was an epic fail last year. Even I'm kind of skeptical of this one.

6. To decide, by the end of the year, what I need to do to find joy, pride and a feeling of self worth in being a stay-at-home-mum. And if it isn't possible then to make a plan to go back to work.


Now, if you made it through all that... I have a little reward for you. Today is also my one year blogging anniversary. Yay! To celebrate I've got a little giveaway. Leave a comment before Tuesday Jan 3 at 10pm MST and I will randomly draw for one person to win:



2 skeins of Mirasol Yarn Hacho
A 100% merino DK weight yarn

What are your plans for 2012?

Cheers, Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals! I haven't set myself any New Year Resolutions yet, despite successfully beating all of the ones I made last year.

    The yarn you're giving away is a gorgeous colour! I'm in, if you'll post to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good goals, but I am going to take exception to the last one. You don't need to prove the worth of being a stay at home mom, you just need to feel it's worth it for your child's sake. Good luck in achieving your goals!! Since I won your other contest you don't have to put me in on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You like to aim high with your goals. I try not to make resolutions because life tends to laugh in my face when I do. Good luck in achieving enough to feel successful and in leaving enough room to have something to aim at next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're ambitious! The half-marathon goal....wow! And no fries....ever? Not one? You're strong, girl....strong!

    What a generous give-away! That yarn is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're definitely more ambitious than I am! I think my knitting goal is something like "don't have any 2011 projects still on the needles by the end of 2012," but if you want a serious one I hope to learn double knitting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, good luck with knitting goal number 1! I had considered putting that on my 2012 list but knew it would be an epic fail. Happy one year blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.