About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday #37 - Gone but hopefully not forgotten

Wow, it feels like I've been gone forever!

I really thought I would be able to post while I was away, but lack of internet access, a forgotten camera cord and a crazy fun and busy vacation got in the way. I'm back now with so much to share. I will have a bunch of FO's for the next few Fridays and a story of a fun girls' trip to a knitter's Mecca in Australia. Yippee!

In the meantime, I'm excited to share what I'm working on now. While in Australia, my friend and I did some yarn shopping and picked up some beautiful Luxury fingering weight yarn from Bendigo Woolen Mills in two shades of teal. The skeins are 200g each so we split them up and a created a pattern that we are knitting as a kind of long LONG distance knit-along.

We loved the look of this shawl but didn't have access to the pattern, so instead, we have kind of made it up without the V shape as a sort of one-row-scarf. Knitting a scarf long ways means each row takes about 20 minutes but it is making for great TV/plane/chatting-and-not-screwing-up knitting. And it makes me feel close to my lovely friend who is so far away - sniff.

It was an incredible trip but it is nice to be home in my own bed (which I currently not in due a crazy attack of jet lag) and have access to the internet 24/7. I can't wait to check out what everyone is up to on Tami's blog. According to my google reader I only have 535 unread blogs till I'm back on track. I hope that doesn't cut into my knitting time...

My kids hanging out at LAX on Halloween

15 comments:

  1. Your kids look so cute! Sounds like you had a wonderful time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture! Can't wait to see your FO's and glad you had a good trip :) Always good to sneak in some yarn shopping on vacation isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea - a long distance KAL. My friend lives a couple of hours away and we sometimes combine on crocheted squares for blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the kids look so cute in their costumes!
    I'm glad you had a great time on your trip. I can't wait to hear the details:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! We missed you! Welcome back. Glad to hear it was a great trip and your children are SO freaking cute. Looking forward to more stories and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!!! Your kids are adorable and I love that you dressed them up while at LAX! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!! We've missed you. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

    The kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea. I can't wait to see the finished scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh yarn shopping - my very favourite thing to do, plus it's more fun in winter!!! Your kids are so gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you had a great time and got back safely. Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you loved our awesome country. LOVE BWM, good value and great yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. Cute kids btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! Can't wait to see all the FO's and hear more about the trip. And it is so great to see your adorable kids again. Love their costumes!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.