About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday #38 - Without Witty Words

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I'm annoyed that I couldn't think of a decent title for this post. I'm excited to post this Wednesday because I have made quite a lot of progress on a couple projects of my bigger projects that I had to leave at home while I was away. It has really been great to get back to them.

First up is the final sweater in my self imposed New Year's resolution to knit a sweater for each member of my family. My husband's henley is knit top down and I have finally gotten to the point where you divide the body and join in the round. It is actually starting to look like a sweater and not some crazy crooked blanket.

I am enjoying this pattern but it seems to have a lot of " knit this, while doing this, and this... and don't forget to keep doing this!" It was such a relief to finally get past all the various raglan increases. After finishing the button holes and joining the round the next instruction is to "continue to knit in the round for 17 inches... or until you fall into a boredom induced coma." Ok, I might be paraphrasing. It's incredible how quickly I have gone from doing so many things at once that it was all I could do to keep my head from exploding to just trying to stay awake.

By my calculation I need to knit 24,000 stitches just to finish the body. Then I get to start the sleeves! I really hope I will actually get this project done in 2011. I feel so close and strangely yet so far from reaching my goal.

Actual sweater shape appearing!

close up of the placket
Finally, a quick peak at my progress on my vintage baby blanket. It pretty much looks the same as before but it is much bigger. I figure I am some where between 1/3 and 1/2 finished. I am loving knitting this. It is simple enough for TV knitting but interesting enough that I'm not bored yet.



I'm not sure which will be finished first, the baby (due December 1st) or the blanket.

Geesh, I think it may finally be time to figure out how to make a light box. I can't handle the idea of these crummy indoor photos all winter!

Don't forget to come along with me to check out other WIP's through Tami's blog. I'm sure there will be plenty of project and photography inspiration there.

Cheers, Nikki

Token shot from my Aussie adventure.
Just cause : )

10 comments:

  1. I love that baby blanket, such a great pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the twelve apostles! Not that there are twelve ;)

    Good luck with your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon sweater! Look at the bright side, now you can knit and watch tv or carry on a conversation and just generally not pay too much attention, all while making knitting progress. That's fun, right? The blanket is super awesome, too. I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects look fantastic! I love the colors of the baby blanket. Good for you for sticking to your New Year's resolutions. I have strayed so far from my 2011 knitting goals that I fear there is no going back. Oh well, there is always 2012 to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects look great. Crossing paws you finish the sweater in time for your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like that blanket pattern...awesome!

    And that photo is magnificent...I wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done all the complicated stuff on the sweater, so I hope that the rest, while boring, will go more quickly than you expect. It's looking great so far -- excellent manly color :-)

    The baby blanket is going to be sweet -- I love that kind of honeycomb stitch, it gives the blanket color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job getting through that obstacle course of a sweater so far. Now it is just the easy peasy parts left. Perfect tv knitting. I love the patterning on the baby blanket. Slip stitches are so much fun. That is a gorgeous picture of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both projects look great and I am amazed at your self-imposed goal.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.