About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 40 - The row that never ends


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Do you know that incredibly annoying children's song "This is the Song that Never Ends"? Well, knitting My Husband's Henley is becoming the row that never ends. I just go round and round and round. And I still have two sleeves to do!

Still, I know I must be making progress. Right?

Last week
This week
I did manage to find some buttons this week that I really like for it.

On the other front, I feel like I am almost getting to the end of this baby blanket. It seems to be a wee bit narrower than the pattern suggests. I'm extra annoyed by this because it means either my maths or my gauge is off... and I swatched! Of course, since I'm a math wizard (ha) it must be my gauge ; ) Other than that, I'm really happy with this project so far. Call me crazy delusional ambitious I'm really hoping wishing on a star planning to have it ready for FO Friday next week.

Last week
This week
In more exciting news, look what arrived in the mail yesterday from Paula @ Knit and Seek!


I was excited to find some seriously lovely fingering weight yarn and some yummy chocolate! (I ate one chocolate right away and am saving the other for when I cast on my first puff )
I think 2012 will be the year of the hexipuff!

What do you plan to knit or crochet in 2012? Be sure to check out the links through Tami's blog for plenty of inspiration.

I'll be back on Friday with the last FO of my Australia knitting. Until then, I'm wishing all my American friends a very happy Thanksgiving.

Cheers, Nikki

For those of you who could use a laugh...





Yesterday's attempt to get a
Christmas photo of the kids...
EPIC FAIL

12 comments:

  1. It make feel like it is neverending, but the pictures indicate that a lot of progress has been made ;) Good button choice, they'll look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very familiar with the row which never ends, most of my knitting gets abandoned for that very reason. Your blanket is lovely and I'm sure the pullover will be well worth it when it's completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics (for laughs). Now I have that song stuck in my head, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! Funny that we're having opposite problems this week. If we lived closer, I'd happily trade you one fiddly mitten for a long-rowed baby blanket for a few days! Glad your yarn finally arrived -- I can't believe it took 2 weeks. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :0) Nice photos anyway, get um now they will be too old and cool for pictures all too soon! I like the progress photos, have you seen the Beryl blanket pattern on ravelry?
    Willow4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the kids have much to much to do rather than sit nicely still and smile for your photos LOL. Maybe a collage of photos?

    You're definitely making progress on the Henley! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain. I never did the Christmas photos because they never stood still! Hope you get one that is good eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see good progress, keep at it - it will be finished before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed the laugh and I did laugh. Your kids are awesome!!!! Hope you can eventually get the Christmas photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, your kids are so cute, despite their lack of cooperation with the holiday photo shoot. You are making wonderful progress with both projects. Big projects seem like they take forever to finish, so sprinkling little ones like those hexipuffs keep things fun.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.