About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 36 - Better late than never...

Happy Wednesday everyone!

This post is much later than usual. I am totally stuck in the middle of packing chaos. We leave tomorrow morning and I suspect I will be up very late getting ready (why does that always seem to happen despite how early I start packing or how organized I feel?). It is noon here and I have already accomplished 13 jobs so far today. Just got to keep on moving...

I have been frantically knitting on my Slip Stitch Baby Blanket and Henley Sweater as both projects are too big to take away with me. I am really enjoying them both and look forward to picking them up when I get back. (Please oh please don't let my tension change in the meantime!)

Since I can't take my big projects with me, I have no choice but to line up some new projects for the trip (honestly, there just is no other solution). Since the worst thing would be running out of things to knit while I'm away, I am taking more than I can possible hope to finish (again it is the only smart thing to do... it's not like they have wool in New Zealand or Australia... um, sure, that's my story and I'm sticking to it - just don't look in my case when I get back!)


Clockwise from the top left we have:

  • And in the middle of it all is my brand new Knit Kit that was a fabulous early-birthday gift from a good friend. It has scissors, stitch markers, a darning needle, a tape measure, a crochet hook and a row counter all neatly packed up together... and it's TSA approved!
I'll leave you with a (crummy phone) pic of our lovely indian summer that I will be leaving tomorrow to travel to spring "down under".


Cheers, Nikki

Don't forget that there are plenty of works-that-are-actually-in-progress to check out through Tami's blog!

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful assortment of yet to be wips. Good luck on the long flights with the kiddos.

    I can't believe you'll be down there and not planning to pick up any of their lovely wool. Really??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic trip!! If all goes as planned, you'll have a fun package waiting for you when you get back. :) I hope we'll hear from you once or twice while you're away, but if not, we expect lots of pics when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip and be sure to take pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine how wonderful a trip like that would be. I'm glad you kept your knitting priorities in order while you were packing! All your to-go projects look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project bags are very cute :) Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of all your projects ready to go, love the little bags for them too! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy travels! My, your are organized with those cute project kits!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.