About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WIP Wednesday #28 - Humble Pie

Happy Wednesday everybody.

I have spent the last week getting to work on my Goodale. I am loving the colour of the yarn and of course Pashmina is a dream to knit (and re-knit as you will see below).


Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot to show for my efforts. I realized a couple days ago that I had 2 too many stitches. I found where I had done the extra increases and went back the 3 rows to fix it (very annoying when you have 300 stitches in a row but not tragic). I thought I got that fixed and went on about my merry way. Then I realized that I had mixed up the stitches in my one side of my icord edging in my "fix-it" process. So back I went again. Then the other edging didn't look right. So... back I went again. Each time I went back a little farther to back sure I was starting from a point I knew was right. I think perhaps I finally have it all right now.

This is how much yarn I have left to re-knit just to get back to where I was 2 days ago. Sigh.

The way this is going, if it turns out to still be wrong, I figure eventually I'll end up tinking back to the start (or alternately just setting fire to the whole damn thing ; ).

On a brighter note, I had a lovely Craft-away Weekend to the mountains. We had a great place, with a gorgeous view.

The Three Sisters, Canmore, Alberta
Even though we had these guys in tow, it did feel like a getaway.


Knitting with great friends, in a beautiful place. Does it get any better?
Yes it does. Just add champagne : )
Hopefully, everyone is making better progress on their WIP's over at Tami's blog!

Cheers, Nikki

12 comments:

  1. It's horrible to have to keep ripping out your knitting, hopefully that will be the last and it will be plain sailing from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour is awesome and I know all about ripping out this week. Having the same issue.

    Your craft away weekend sound like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how frustrating! I'd know, it's happened to me many times. Sometimes a little break to knit something else helps; you can get back to it with a fresh set of eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have to undo some of it but hopefully you get it done up better this time. And that is a simply stunning veiw, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, sorry about the seemingly-endless frogging loop, I hope you're past it now and Goodale will be good to you from here on out. The colour is really lovely. And what beautiful scenery for your weekend craftaway, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that Goodale wasn't cooperating , hopefully the third time's a charm !

    ReplyDelete
  7. your knitting vacation sounds absolutely lovely! In fact, my mouth is watering right now!!! I'm glad you to enjoy yourself! But, sorry about the goodale. I know it stinks to frog over and over again. I hope this time will the last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a weekend ! For a dreadful moment, I counted how many kids & wondered why would you even try to handle that all on your own LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eugh. How annoying to keep pulling it all apart. Will be worth it in the end tho.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the ripping out may have just been karma balancing to keep your readers from being way too jealous of your lovely crafting-with-friends getaway (or the Pashmina in that fabulous color). I hope your young companions enjoyed the trip as well :-)

    May your Goodale progress smoothly from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch, nothing is more frustrating than having to rip back multiple times. You have a lot more patience than me. I would have shoved the whole thing to the bottom of the basket. Hopefully it will be a breeze from here on out. What a lovely place for a crafty weekend away with friends. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that stinks! Well don't set fire to it, its beautiful yarn, LOL!! Hope it goes more smoothly from now on!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.