About Me

My Photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday #32 - In which I start talking to inanimate objects.

Happy Wednesday everybody.


After a brief pause last week to knit myself a lovely hat, I am back on the Christmas knitting bandwagon.

My Goodale is blocking. With a lot bit of luck, I hope to have it ready to show you on Friday. All I have left is the neckline, some seaming and the icord loop for the button... but I have sneaky suspicion that it's all going to take longer that one would think. Man, I hate you, seaming.
I'm also mildly concerned that it's going to be big for the intended recipient.
I'm choosing to completely ignore that icky feeling for now.

While I wait for the cardigan to dry, I have started on my next gift project. It's another popular one (although I think I'm behind the bandwagon by a couple years)... It's Bella's Mittens!

I'm knitting with Malabrigo Chunky. Mmm Malabrigo. How I wish I could bathe in a tub full of you & Madelinetosh.

It is so awesome how fast chunky yarn knits up. Love it!
I apologize for the crummy photos. Monday it was 30 C (86 F) and summer was in it's glory. Tuesday was 10 C (50 F) and raining. Things are not looking up for today either. Sigh. Hello Fall. I'm Ok if you'd like to take another month or so off. Just saying.

Hmmm, I have, so far in this post, managed to speak directly to "seaming", "malabrigo", and "fall".*** Clearly, I need a coffee, or maybe a nap.

Well, that's the state of affairs around here. I hope I'll be back on Friday with a cardigan unveiling!

Cheers Nikki

*** If you find this all a bit much, feel free to click away to find sanity and more importantly, other WIP's on Tami's blog.

15 comments:

  1. Your Goodale looks great. The finishing always takes longer than we think it will.

    Christmas knitting, cringe. That's all I'm going to say about that.

    We are having sweltering record temps of 44C down here. I'll turn my fan to blow in your direction. If you'll send me some of that cool fall air in return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate seaming too, but your Goodale looks fab. Love the colour you're using for the Bella's mittens. Would you believe, I have never knitted with malabrigo *sigh* it looks so smooshy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Goodale looks beautiful! Love the mitts - that yarn looks so soft and squishy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the sweater. Love the mitts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, pretty sweater! I'll be sending lots of wishes for a good fit your way. Fingers crossed! The mittens are looking lovely, too. And I think you deserve a special prize for modeling them in the heat. It's still seriously summer here -- I'd happily trade you a few days of gray and icky. Let's see what we can work out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorge! The sweater is such a lovely colour and the mitt is looking fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm a tub full of Malabrigo and Madeline Tosh ... what a delicious idea. I wonder whether I can convince my LYS of it for the next knitter's fair?!

    Love the Bella mitts! Such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I'm not a Twilight fan, I am a Bella's-mittens fan, and yours look gorgeous. Great colours and so plush-looking. Mmm, Malabrigo. I never get tired of squishing and ogling their yarns when I'm in a decent yarn store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet your Goodale is gorgeous! the recipient might even like the loose fit, if it turns out that way. I think sweaters are more comfortable with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Bella mitten pattern and the gorgeous Malabrigo. I think that is one to add to my christmas knitting list xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE those mittens! I just faved them the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mittens look gorgeous, and I love that yarn you're using. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhahaha I love how have anthropomorphised seaming, malabrigo and fall!

    I have yet to try malabrigo :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colour of your Goodale. I'm with you on seaming. I swear it took me nearly as long to seam a baby cardigan I made than it did to knit the thing at the weekend! Go you with the Christmas knitting, I'm just starting to think about mine!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.