About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday #26 - It's All Downhill From Here


Happy Wednesday everyone. Today marks 6 months since I started participating in work-in-progress Wednesday. It's now part of my weekly routine and I really enjoy it. It is because of you for visiting and leaving such nice comments every week that this is such a lovely thing to be a part of. Thanks!

I have actually started the decreases of my yet-unnamed blue Saroyan. Originally, I worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn. Then I started worrying it would be too long. I want to be able to wear it as more of an accessory than an actual function scarf or shawl. Hopefully I have found a happy medium (I will be mighty ticked if I finish and decide it is too short!)

As the home stretch is in sight, I have already started plotting my next project. More Christmas knitting. And more Madelinetosh : ) I think I will need to learn a lot as I go on this pattern. Fortunately the expert knitter in my Craft Night group made a Goodale last year. So, I start off knowing I will have some serious back up if I get stuck : ) I will definitely be swatching for this one!

I thought the yarn was worthy of a second shot. Doesn't it look yummy?

Hope your Wednesday has lots of time for crafting in it. And for perusing other WIP posts through Tami's blog!

Cheers, Nikki

This is the last pic of Doodlebug's birthday yesterday.
I think the day was a success ; )

13 comments:

  1. That Madelinetosh looks gorgeous! Love the yarn for your saroyan too - I love that pattern, it's been in my queue for ages just waiting for the right yarn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Madelinetosh! I only have one skein of it, but desire more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gracious, what a gorgeous color that yarn is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Saroyan is beautiful, hopefully the length/yarn will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is beautiful and I'm sure you are going to be over the moon with it.

    I agree, I am a novice at WIPW but the comments make me NEED to participate every week.

    Good luck with your next project, I love the pattern and have had my eye on it, concered that you say some help is going to be needed so will watching your progress closely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodale: what a beautiful pattern! The yarn you've chosen looks lovely. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the Saroyan will look great as an accessory! What beautiful yarn you have for the Goodale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yarn! Can't wait to see how it works up. Gorgeous Doodlebug, too. Thanks much for the smile -- I'm thankful for every one that comes by these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's always my measure of a successful child birthday party -- everyone goes home tired, sweaty, and covered in frosting :-)

    The Saroyan is going to be fabulous! And every time you say Madeline Tosh, I wish I had some ... must keep credit card hidden till feeling passes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Saroyan is looking beautiful. Knitting with Madelinetosh is addictive, isn't it? I made a Goodale last year and it is one of my favorite knits. Cecily's patterns are so wonderfully written and wearable. Can't wait to see yours in progress. Great birthday pic (and future blackmail material for when she's in her rebellious teens!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I have a Saroyan on the needles too, isn't it an awesome pattern?!?! Really nice yarn for your next project, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, I love the yarn for your Goodale. And I'm glad that you have backup in case it gets sticky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, what a cute pic! I'm sure the mess wasn't fun to clean up!!

    I'm jealous of your Madelinetosh! I want to hug it!!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.