About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, July 8, 2011

FO Friday #17 - Stripes with Slouch


Happy Friday!!! Today is the first day of Stampede here is Calgary. There is a serious party going on in the streets with a certain Royal Couple in attendance.

Meanwhile... It feels great to be moving on with some Christmas knitting. Even though it is only July, I know I will end up in a mad rush in the end ; ) 

I made the Felicity hat for my cousin a while ago and wanted to make some fingerless mitts to match. I hunted around on Rav for a pattern that would suit the slouchy hat and came up with Ritzy.

This is a simple and enjoyable pattern. The slouchiness around the wrists is cleverly created by knitting some stitches every 8th row together with the row 8 behind.

I very happy I was able to get the mitts to match each other and the hat pretty perfectly. I once again enjoyed knitting with the Silk Garden Lite.

Stripes with Slouch


Pattern: Ritzy by Katya Frankel
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden Lite (about 40 grams)
Needles: 3.75mm DPB's (bamboo by Chicagoo)

I didn't make any modifications to the pattern and am very pleased with the result. The only mistake I found was that the pattern recommends using 4mm or US 5 needles but US 5 are 3.75mm. In the end I knit the larger size with the smaller needles ; )


As usual, I plan on getting the weekend off to the right start... by checking out more FO's through Tami's blog. Hope you have plans for a great one!

Cheers, Nikki

On an unrelated note... the Royal Couple started their trip here to Calgary with a special moment that has a bit of a personal note for my family. If you get a chance watch this and read the story here.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful present for your cousin. Love Noro stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mitts :) Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!
    Have to love Noro :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and the slouch are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the slouch! They look warm and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki-
    That was a touching story! And I love how the stripes on the gloves graduate from dark to light. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure I would be able to part with them. They are stunning. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mittens are lovely! Well done on progressing with your Christmas knitting, I have yet to start ;o)

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.