About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WIP Wednesday #23 - Here Come the Owls!


Happy Wednesday!

Yes, I'm back on the wagon with my Ode to Hedwig (Owls) sweater.

If you recall, the sweater initially knit up really quickly. I found great joy in knitting the bulky yarn on big needles.

Then there was a dark day of panic when it seemed I had knit an entire sleeve incorrectly. Fortunately, I was looking at an old version of the pattern and everything was ok, phew!

Somehow though, that little scare threw me off my game. I got to the point of joining all the pieces in the round for the yoke and... stalled. The weather got warm so I used that as one of my entirely plausible excuses. Of course, I also had important gift and summer projects that needed knitting (see I'm full of great excuses : ). So there the sweater sat. In a sad and ugly reusable grocery bag because it is now wayyyy to big for any of my project bags. Ignored in the corner of the room. For about a month.

Until last Wednesday when I took it all to my Craft Night! With a little moral support from my friends, I read the pattern instructions and joined it all together (twice, because the first time I used a circ that was too big ; ). And you know what? It was so stupidly easy. It is now knitting up a treat and I feel back in control of this project. I can knit a yoked sweater. I CAN do it.

See!

So, my only problem now is that two people have asked if I am knitting it for my little boy. He's three! Does it really look that small? Yikes!

Don't forget to check out all the progress being made on a plethora of posts linked through Tami's blog. But, be sure to come back here on Friday for an FO with a side order of cuteness overdose. Don't say you haven't been warned!

Cheers, Nikki

15 comments:

  1. It looks great. I'm glad it's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cute! I love the Owls sweater, it knits up like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Owls pattern, it's in my queue waiting for the perfect yarn ;) Yours is looking fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater - hope it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Sorry some folks seem to think it's for your three year old. Perhaps it will block out bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Owls are cool. Glad you have got back in to it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! you are in the home stretch now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The arms look way too long for a 3 year old, those sillies. How does it fit you? Maybe it's good that you're so thin? =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking FABULOUS! I can't wait to see it finished! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pattern is my all time favorite. I can't wait until I'm good enough to make it! Yours is coming along amazing and I'm so glad you picked it up again! Hard to tell how small/big it is. Have you held it up to yourself? Also, I'd think it would get bigger with blocking.


    Off topic, but did you receive your yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking beautiful! Congrats!
    (I knew you could do it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welll done! I love this sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that owl pattern! The sweater is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the owls - they are adorable!! Congrats on being on your way to a finished object!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great. Have you measured it, how small is it really??

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.