About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WIP Wednesday #21 ...sort of


Happy Wednesday everybody!!

I am writing you a short note while I am visiting my parents in Vancouver. I am happy to report that I feel like I am getting my knitting mojo back. WOO HOO!!
I have no pictures to show because I have been working on a secret project that I will be able to blog about very soon.

But wait! Instead, I bring you a another this year's last hockey hijacked post. This town is going wild as we all hold our breath and wait for for the puck to drop tonight in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. It has been 17 years since the Canucks have had a shot at the cup (also the year I graduated from high school - yikes!).

It has been a fun time to be in town.

I even got to go to the pub for some father-daughter bonding time to watch game 5 (thanks Mum!).

My family is ready to cheer tonight with all we've got. It has been a crazy ride to this point. The Canucks need all the support they can get ARE going to get it done tonight. 

"Go Coconuts Go" yells my Monkey

 Even Doodlebug is getting into it

GO CANUCKS GO!

Cheers, Nikki

(I promise to bring you more appropriate (and interesting) knitting content very soon - thanks for humouring me ) 


16 comments:

  1. Your monkey's PJs are awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also rooting for the Canucks even though the hubby is rooting for the other guys... it has made for some teasing between us over the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having a great visit!! I won't comment on the hockey since we're technically at war right now ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The games have been a great source of enjoyment for our family here in Boston too. But I must say as I said before GO BRUINS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been dying over this series. I've been a Canucks fan since 1970 when I saw my first game. I am trying very hard not to think about tonight. That being said: RUIN THE BRUIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know anything about hockey, but your enthusiasm makes me happy. ;) Have an awesome game night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pics! I'm watching the game now. For your sake, I hope the 3rd period goes better than the first two. :( By the way, has your yarn arrived yet? it's amazing how long it takes to go through customs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki, I hope you and your family are safe tonight. I just saw raw footage of the destruction that is going on after the game. Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well... That didn't go the way we wanted. I am very sad about the loss but am devastated at the actions of some pathetic losers bent on destroying our beautiful city. They do not represent the true Canucks fans or people of Vancouver. I am very relieved that all my friends and family are safe (what would we do without facebook updates?).
    Thank you to everyone for your kind comments and concern. I am looking forward to showing the knitting I have been up to soon.
    Canucks in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @nursenikkiknits

    I saw your comment on my blog, but wanted to post here too, just in case you don't check back.

    Nikki, so glad to hear. Thanks for letting me know. So sorry about the loss, and the ugliness in the city. I love the city of Vancouver, so it just pains me to watch the live footage on CTV. So glad to hear your yarn arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Doodlebug is sooo cute ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the loss and the riots. Glad you are safe. The kids are cute. Looking forward to seeing your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you at least had a nice (and safe) visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.