About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WIP Wednesday #20 - In a Funk

Happy Wednesday everyone.

I feel like I don't have a lot to show you this week. I haven't been getting much knitting done lately. Life has been been busier than usual is actual feeling a little out of control. I think that coupled with some warmer weather has caused me to lose some of my knitting mojo.

Fortunately, I did get some time to knit to and from Edmonton for the (amazingly awesome) U2 concert last week. It was a 3 hour trip each way (although I slept half of the way there - what a waste!).

I have finished the second sleeve on my Ode to Hedwig. It is all ready to be attached for the yoked top & OWLS! But, I seem to have stalled on it now. It's at a point where it's kind of huge to haul around, I need time when I can concentrate on the next step, it's a bulky wool sweater and it's June... hmmm, what other excuses can I justify myself with?

I have also made further strides with Twisted (my hat using the pattern Tinker). The cabling was driving me nuts but I have figured out how to do the cables without a cable needle (not sure if I am doing it in a "official" manner but I have made up a way that seems to be working fine) and now it is moving along quite nicely. I'm a little worried it's going to be on the small side but I have hope for blocking.

I have all these lovely projects with lovely wool lined up to go and I'm not really feeling motivated to do any of them. Instead, I've decided to make Doodlebug a cotton sun hat. I'm going to give Dear Liza a go.

Tomorrow the kids and I are off to Vancouver to see my parents for a week. The only bright side to the Canuck's horrifying loss on Monday is that I will be in town for Game 5 (of course my parents have already given their tickets to my brother, but we're not talking about that). I'm just excited to go down to our local pub and soak up some of the atmosphere!
super cute pic of my parents at Game 1

Don't forget to click on over to Tami's blog to see plenty of projects that are making more progress than mine.

Cheers, Nikki

11 comments:

  1. The sweater is really coming along, glad you enjoyed your concert. Maybe you need a new project to help get your mojo back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO CANUCKS GO!

    Vancouver welcomes you! Downtown is ridiculous on game night, the atmosphere is bananas! You will just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your knitting mojo... that always happens to me in summer :)

    It'll come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So your not feeling very motivated! I'm feeling the same I think it's the weather! I love that your a Canucks fan! My husband and I were in Vancouver and Whistler in December for our honeymoon and managed to go to a game and feel in love with ice hockey and of course the Canunks! We even stayed up till 4am on Monday to watch the game, nevermind! Anyway hope you feel more motivated soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you've lost your owls mojo -- especially when you've finally gotten to the fun part! I'll grudgingly wish your guys good luck for the next game, though I'm still pretty bitter about the whole thing. ;) Have a super fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heat tends to ruin my craft-mojo, too. Not looking forward to summer. :| But that sweater looks gorgeous so far, and I can't wait to see the actual owls when they appear. And that Dear Liza hat is such a cute pattern! What colour are you making it in?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you find your mojo again soon - when mine vanished it just took a new skein of loveliness and a fresh pattern to get it back x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I can totally understand why you don't want to haul around a heavy wool sweater when summer is calling. The Dear Liza hat pattern is a great choice for warm weather knitting. Hope you have a safe and fun trip! Your parents are so cute in their matching jerseys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your getaway gives you a little time to rest and have fun. Sometimes a break in the routine helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you lost some mojo on the sweater. Maybe put it aside for awhile, until it cools down a little? You can't wear it now anyway. Also, the Canucks. I must say, they aren't playing very nice as far as sportsmanship. And then tonight..another bad loss. I'll just say I hope game 5 goes well for your sake since you'll be in town. I love the city of Vancouver so so so so much. One of my favorite in the world. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, knitting that sweater in June is a pain but it will be sassy and complete for the cold weather that's just months around the corner...it's so hot out right now that I'm already looking forward to winter.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.