About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP Wednesday #18 - Oops

Happy Wednesday everyone!
I am in a good mood today despite it being the 3rd consecutive day of pouring rain (with no hope of anything different in the long term forecast ). And it's not JUST because the Canucks are off to the Stanley Cup.

I am singing a happy tune today because, despite hardly doing any work on my "Ode to  Hedwig" sweater, I am up an entire sleeve over last week.

When I sat down to start the "2nd" sleeve, I noticed something strange about the pattern. Something had changed, there were less pictures and the instructions were in a different order. WTF? Was all could think in my black mood. Then I realized that the Owls pattern had been updated earlier this year and because I had purchased a copy I was sent the update. Somehow, I had picked up a copy of the old version and was knitting off of that.
Which meant...
MY FIRST SLEEVE WAS CORRECT!!!!


And the best part is... I hadn't frogged it yet (Phew!!!)

Oddly through, despite realizing that I hadn't made a mistake, I felt a bit like the stuffing had gone out of me over the whole process.  And even through just last week, I showed you my plans for what to knit next, to coin a phrase from the Yarn Harlot "I accidently slipped and fell, and when I came up, I had started" ... a Noro Striped Scarf!

I will give you just a little sneak peak because I actually have hopes of having it done for Friday.

Oops, how did this happen?
Hope your Wednesday is giving you reason to hum a happy tune too!

My advice for a way to brighten your day? Pop over to Tami's blog and check out more WIP's by some very witty and talented folk.

Cheers, Nikki

10 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it ... finding an update then realizing you had it right all along. It's a good thing you didn't frog yet; if it were me, I would have had a cow if I'd frogged a piece that was correct. LOL!!!!!

    Loving the Noro scarf; can't wait to see the finished product on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew, good news about the sleeve (especially the not frogging part!) Scarf is looking lovely, can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like, doing cartwheels for you about that sleeve! I'm so glad you noticed that it was correct before you frogged it! (And yay for the sweater being back on track, too! I can't wait to see it.)

    That striped scarf looks delicious, the teal and gray swatch is making me swoon a little. Mmm, colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for the Noro Striped scarf and also for not frogging the sleeve that was correct! I'm sure you'll get back into the sweater. Just focus on something else and it will start calling your name again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the sleeve is right and that you don't have to rip it out. I love that scarf. It's funny how some project just jump into your lap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, the Noro Scarf looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your sweater, that's been in my queue for a while! Lovely scarf :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy news about the sleeves! Nothing like taking a break from a near frogging disaster by knitting the awesome Noro Striped Scarf. Very cool colors. Hope the sun comes out soon in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news about the sleeves. Wish I could shine some of the hot sunshine up you way and dry you out a bit.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.