About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And now for something completely different....

I just found out that I have been successful in my application for a new community garden plot in my neighborhood.



I am soooo excited.

I just have one problem... I know NOTHING about gardening
(let alone growing vegetables)
(let alone in a place with a cold climate and very short growing season)

But still... very exciting!

I have some books.


And some seeds.

Ok, so maybe I went a little crazy on the seeds
My 3 year old is also very excited. The first thing he asked was could we "please grow some sausages and bacon?"

I don't know anything about gardening... but I'm pretty sure the answer to that one is "No"

Watch this space!


Cheers, Nikki

5 comments:

  1. Wow that is so exciting! I hope you have lots of fun digging in the dirt. I look forward to pictures of growing things ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fab! And to get the littlies involved too. If you succeed with the Bacon Tree, let me know. I have a huge love of bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. If only Bacon Trees existed *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO exciting---garden-fresh vegetables are heavenly! (...I wish I knew anything about growing them, myself! I depend solely on the kindness of strangers [or my dad] for mine.) I hope yours will do fabulously. And that you discover the elusive Bacon Plant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to watching your garden grow too. The comment from your 3 yr. old especially cracked me up, as one year we raised pigs in our garden space, and their names were "Sausage" and "Bacon"!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.