About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday #12 - Slow and Steady

I am really enjoying my first foray into shawls. Croissant is coming along nicely. The pattern is very simple so I don't need to watch the chart and can now happily knit in front of the telly with it.


So far, I love knitting with Noro. It definitely runs thick and thin and I have had one knot with an abrupt colour change. I think using along with the baby alpaca really helps to even out these little inconsistencies. I haven't hit the pink or blue in the Noro, so no verdict on that yet.


I am now over 250 stitches per row on little needles so it is sloooooww going, but that's ok as there is no timeline to this project and I'm having a good time getting along with it.

My first tip for novice lace knitters (like myself) is... when threading a lifeline, DO NOT thread it through your stitch markers or you will have to leave them behind : (


Can you believe I will have another project to show you on Friday! I hadn't even started it this time last week. I'll give you a hint what it is. Take a peek at Stacey Trock's Fresh Stitches Easter CAL here. Check back on Friday to see what I have come up with!

As always there is great inspiration to be had seeing everyone's WIP's on Tami's blog.

I guess all that is left to say is...


GO CANUCKS GO!

Cheers, Nikki

13 comments:

  1. ooh super super colours, i am excitd to see your project on Friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is lovely! Noro is so much fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never knitted anything needing a lifeline but if I ever do I now know not to thread it through the stitch marker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is GORGEOUS! I feel your pain on the long rows -- my citron is up to 540 (!) stitches per row now. Totally worth it, though. And yay for hockey fans! I'm a "Go, Sharks!" girl myself. And I'm sure Tami will be along to say, "Go, Kings!". Game 1 tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo can't wait to see the finished shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful. I hope you share when you decide what to do at the color change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Noro has its moments but the other companies are still trying to catch up to those gorgeous colors.

    I smiled when I saw your blog title today, it's similar to mine. Some weeks are more work and less progress, or so it seems to me :-) Be patient with your shawl, it's gorgeous & well worth the time it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knitting is next on my list....new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks the tip about the life line :) lovely colour yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am doing the easter CAL with fresh stitches too- just finish over on my blog- www.stringandstrings.blogspot.com :) Did you do the chick? It is so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is beautiful....but your taste in hockey teams sucks. ;) GO KINGS GO! (And I am SO happy the Kings aren't playing the Canucks in the first round).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I had to comment again because I just saw Paula's comment. Wow, she read my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shawl is very pretty. Blackhawks fan here.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.