About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday #9 - Hoot Hoot... Roar!

I don't have that much to show 'in progress' this week... mostly because I have a couple things ready for FO Friday - woo hoo : )

My socks by the pool are still in time out, so I'm moving on.

I've started the front of No Star sweater for Monkey but it's going to be bumped again...

Our family was very excited to hear a couple weeks ago that my husband's newest godchild was safely born - and it's a BOY (the family have two girls already so this made it extra exciting). G will be traveling to New Hampshire for the christening at the end of April so I have a little less than 6 weeks to turn this:
The colour is much more of a forest green in real life

Into a very cute Owl Baby Vest.
I'm casting on today!

In the meantime, we had a very special 3 year old birthday party this weekend. Monkey was very excited to have a Tyrannosaurus Rex cake (as specifically requested). 

In keeping with the theme, my Monkey wore his dinosaur sweater knit by his Great Aunt Sandra. Isn't it (and he) adorable?

He is at a hopeless stage for taking photos.
If you tell his to open his eyes for the picture, he opens his mouth.
Hopeless!
Don't forget to check out more WIP's on Tami's blog

Cheers, Nikki

ROAR!

12 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that is the best cake ever!! i can't wait to see your owl vest - the colour is really nice. have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cake. Anyone would love to get it. The Monkey is definitely a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is amazing.

    Can't wait to see the finished owl vest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he looks so excited! :) The cake looks great. I can't wait to see the pics from the vest you make

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on the T-Rex! And on the Monkey, too. They both look great. Have fun with the owls vest -- new projects are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the matching cake and sweater for the 3 yr. old. He's cute! Can't wait to see the owl vest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vest is going to be fabulous in that yarn, I can't wait to see it. :) And as a dinosaur enthusiast, both the cake and the sweater are brightening my day considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Monkey enjoys his birthday. How could he not with a dinosaur cake as amazing as that? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is adorable and so is that cake!!! I can't wait to see the baby owl vest. I checked out the ravelry project page and it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the vest.

    Love that cake and your monkey is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.