About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday #3

Wow. Wednesday again already!

Not too much to show this week (mostly because I'll be posting a completed Cabled Scarf on Friday - Yay!)

Other than that, it has been all about my "No Little Star" sweater for my almost three year old son.
I am within 15 rows of finishing the back. I am really enjoying the Bendigo Luxury wool and colour combination so far.

Thanks to everyone for their input. The sleeves will have stripes : )

I will however be putting the sweater aside for a while while I take advantage of SpillyJane's offer and try to knit up a pair of Camilla Mittens by the end of the month for a free Spillly Jane pattern!
I bought yarn today and can't wait to get started.



(Tonight, I'm hoping to convince my Craft Night girls to join me in a Camilla KAL)


As always, you can get lots of inspiration and see more WIP's at Tami's blog, who graciously hosts us all.

Cheers,
Nikki

4 comments:

  1. That sweater looks wonderful so far, I love those colours together and the ribbing at the bottom is so sweet. (As a crocheter, I'm totally jealous of how nicely knitted ribbing turns out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue is in my favorite range of colors -- those mittens are going to be fabulous. Your "no little star" sweater reminds me of the Dr Seuss story about the Sneetches and the "stars upon thars."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really cranking on that sweater! Great job. It looks awesome.

    I love the colors you picked out for the mittens. Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love SpillyJane! I have a few of her mittens in my faves. I like the colors that you've chosen for yours. The sweater looks great!

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.