About Me

My photo
Pediatric nurse by training, stay-at-home-mum by design... now "nursing" a knitting obsession : ) Twitter & Rav ID: nursenikkiknits

Friday, February 4, 2011

FO Friday #1

My first FO Friday but my 3rd finished project of 2011.

I present to you...

CABLED in the COLD



Pattern: Cabled Scarf from Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine, Fall/Winter 2010
Yarn: Cascade Eco+ 
Colour: the incredibly imaginative 9448
Needles: 6.0mm
Started : January 7, 2011
Finished: January 30, 2011


A very simple pattern that comes together quickly on big needles. Would be a great first time cable project. 
I loved working with Cascade Eco+. I used the entire 250g skein and the finished scarf blocked out to about 20cm (7.5 inches) wide by 1.5 meters (6 feet) long.

I got the chance to test drive the scarf this week in our - 20 degree weather and it was very cosy and warm. I've enjoyed a few compliments on the lovely colour : )

One of these days I'll get a picture of myself with some make up on...

Cheers, Nikki

Click and check out more completed projects through Tami's blog. TGIF!!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing the scarf! It looks so toasty and warm. I love cables. Was there a curling prevention tactic in this pattern? It almost looks reversible in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf looks great and totally warm. WOWOWOW, -20??? Are you serious?? I can't even IMAGINE what that feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, great scarf! I've done a bit of cabling, but nothing all-over like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Narwhal Love

    Thanks! There was nothing to prevent curling in the pattern but it is nice and flat after blocking. It isn't reversible wraps nice with the right side showing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tami Klockau

    It feels very very COLD ; ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous scarf! I can see why you got so many compliments on it! It looks so cozy and warm. Good thing, right? I feel you on the weather. It's been epic cold here, too. I'm hoping we're on the back end of it now. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scarf, in the non closeup pictures the pattern reminds me happily of dragon scales. And I'm glad it's appropriately cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely and cushy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That scarf looks very warm. I've felt -20 several times. I moved to the desert in hopes to never feel that cold again.

    ReplyDelete

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://beingcarefulnottotwist.blogspot.com
and update your bookmarks.